“Bed Bugs!”

Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed in room 252. We were awoken by bed bug bites. We turned on the light and there were 3 bed bugs on the comforter and more on the rug on the floor between the bed and the wall. We called the front office and notified them. We put one of the live bugs between two clear cups and we gave it to the associate at the front desk. We received credit and got the heck out of there. Will never stay there again! I hope they did something about it.

• Stayed: December 2012
7  Thank emilee3000

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I am really trying to help anyone who may consider this place, to give them the facts. I won't even go into how Rude these people were to my husband and myself (we were here to work, to help the victims of Sandy) and are appalled by the attitude and price gouging, $15 extra per night for extra bed - CASH. Look at the pictures and as yourself "Do I want my body anywhere near that filth and God knows what???! This place should be condemned along with its owners and/or managers.

Room Tip: The only good rooms are in other hotels!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank italianice57
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed here after my house lost lights from Hurricane Sandy, this was the only hotel available. This is not a 5 star hotel or 4 star hotel, and for the price everything is delivered. The staff is pleasant, the rooms are okay. You will not have the amenities of the millennium hotel in NY or Miami, but you will have a descent bed , working TV , radio, and a good hot shower. You can also have a free breakfast to start your long day if you like. The most important thing for me was that I did not find any Bed critters nor did I see them mentioned in any of the reviews, I am terrified of them and bringing them home, that right there gets an extra star from me. Many of the so called high end hotels have these incests. The main issue I had was with the cleaning staff, they should be fired, this could be a better hotel by a thorough cleaning. Not a bad stay, and I got every cent of my 60 dollars in value.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Plainfieldman
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Unless you are looking to get a hooker or some drugs do not stay here. When we arrived there was a police officer just sitting in the parking lot waiting for somethig bad to happen. He told us not to drag here but we'd already booked the room. Front desk was less than friendly, shady characters everywhere, room smelt like mold terribly (we stay in hotels 300 days a yr and this was BY FAR the worst), and Internet was very spotty.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Cnkorthanke
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was my 4th or 5th stay at this property. I've visited Allentown for about 20 consecutive years each August for the drum corps shows at J Birney Crum stadium. Sometimes I will book this hotel directly, or end up here with a low priceline bid.

But what was once a lovely property is no longer the case. The washroom layout is lousy. Poorly placed shelf. Large round stain on washroom floor - as if someone used to have a planted pot next to the throne. Miserable soaps.

The TV is located up on the closet shelf, far away from the bed. What's the point?

On this visit, my room phone rang at 2:45 AM Sunday. Auugh. As I attempted to return to sleep, there is yelling directly upstairs. I call the front desk. "You are not the first person to complain," the overnight help stated. "They are trying to have sex."

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank LodgerFromChicago
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed one night, and glad that was all. Will not return. The hallway smelled, as did the bathroom. The room was dirty - needs not only a fresh coat of paint but a complete renovation. I killed three bugs in the room. Continental breakfast was one of the worst I've seen - ended up going out for breakfast. The plus side is there is a shopping center next door and many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Daytripper1960
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The hotel is connected to a big shopping plaza with lots of restaurants and stores, but thats whats NEAR the hotel. Sure the location is very good, but when you're actually in the hotel, the hallway rug is dirty and the hallway are SEVERELY dimly lit. The room's bathroom couldve been a little nicer, no particular reason. The TV is an old boxed tv and on the closet door so its so high up, it almost touches the ceiling- Not comfortable to watch. The bed was fairly comfortable but the thing under the bed spread was all rolled up on the sides, so it made bumps you had to sleep on. The guy at the reception desk was nice, but the breakfast was pitiful dispite what it may look like. If that could be fixed, i would consider staying here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: On the top floor, our room's view of the parking lot was blocked by a tree, but I didnt care bec...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple