“Really good hotel and a great value”

Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Really good hotel and a great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

My mom and I stayed at this hotel on the night of Feb 23rd with my large (97 lb.) dog Reese. He is very sweet and well behaved but it is always hard to find pet friendly hotels for any dog, let alone for a very large one. Other than a very reasonable $25 fee there were absolutely no problems. The room was clean and much nicer than I had expected after reading previous reviews. There were no bugs and everything worked very well. We also did not experience any problems with excessive noise despite being about 20 feet from the elevator. The breakfast was basic but good. My question to a previous reviewer is why on earth blame/punish the hotel for other people's rudeness "diminishing the atmosphere". Good lord. That being said, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again. The only reason I gave 4 stars and not 5 is that after checking in and loading up all our stuff we had to stand and wait for the front desk clerk to come back and unlock the doors because he had forgotten about us. We didn't have to wait very long but it was pretty annoying, especially since I had checked in not 2 mins. before and he knew we would be coming in with my dog and our stuff. He was incredibly friendly and helpful otherwise though.

Room Tip: I chose a double bed non smoking room which had been recently updated. Also, as we pulled in I saw a...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Seana1985

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

During the holidays I hosted a family gathering which involved putting up out-of-town family members at this hotel. I'm very satisfied with my choice of hotels. The staff members, both front desk and housekeeping, were very friendly and accommodating. The non-smoking room appeared to be freshly painted, and the white linens gave a bright, cheery feeling in the room. Breakfast was plentiful, with an attendant keeping the dining area clean. This was a great value for my money. My family members felt very comfortable in this hotel. I will definitely host family members at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank GrooveGirl
Hagerstown, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed on a weekend for one night it was @ 25 minutes from my daughter and within the price range for me. The staff was friendly enough, very helpful and asked if I would be using the wifi. I told them I would be and they put me in a room close to the router for best reception. I thought that would be great although I didn't realize til later it would be right across the elevator and the rooms and hall aren't exactly sound proof. I heard everyone coming and going. The room was reasonably clean though a bit run down. Needs some improvements and upgrades, Unlike the reviews I have read I didn't get the bed bug attack, I consider myself lucky I suppose. I attempted to have the continental breakfast offered but other guests were rude and diminished the otherwise friendly atmosphere. Vending machines were only available on the first floor even though there was an obvious space for them on the second floor.

All in all I have stayed better and nest time I may choose somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't get one across the elevator
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra J
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed in room 252. We were awoken by bed bug bites. We turned on the light and there were 3 bed bugs on the comforter and more on the rug on the floor between the bed and the wall. We called the front office and notified them. We put one of the live bugs between two clear cups and we gave it to the associate at the front desk. We received credit and got the heck out of there. Will never stay there again! I hope they did something about it.

• Stayed December 2012
7 Thank emilee3000
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I am really trying to help anyone who may consider this place, to give them the facts. I won't even go into how Rude these people were to my husband and myself (we were here to work, to help the victims of Sandy) and are appalled by the attitude and price gouging, $15 extra per night for extra bed - CASH. Look at the pictures and as yourself "Do I want my body anywhere near that filth and God knows what???! This place should be condemned along with its owners and/or managers.

Room Tip: The only good rooms are in other hotels!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank italianice57
Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed here after my house lost lights from Hurricane Sandy, this was the only hotel available. This is not a 5 star hotel or 4 star hotel, and for the price everything is delivered. The staff is pleasant, the rooms are okay. You will not have the amenities of the millennium hotel in NY or Miami, but you will have a descent bed , working TV , radio, and a good hot shower. You can also have a free breakfast to start your long day if you like. The most important thing for me was that I did not find any Bed critters nor did I see them mentioned in any of the reviews, I am terrified of them and bringing them home, that right there gets an extra star from me. Many of the so called high end hotels have these incests. The main issue I had was with the cleaning staff, they should be fired, this could be a better hotel by a thorough cleaning. Not a bad stay, and I got every cent of my 60 dollars in value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Plainfieldman
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Unless you are looking to get a hooker or some drugs do not stay here. When we arrived there was a police officer just sitting in the parking lot waiting for somethig bad to happen. He told us not to drag here but we'd already booked the room. Front desk was less than friendly, shady characters everywhere, room smelt like mold terribly (we stay in hotels 300 days a yr and this was BY FAR the worst), and Internet was very spotty.

• Stayed October 2012