“A good value”

Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 4 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Edward L

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after then Allentown fair and Toby Keith concert. It was not far from the fair. The room was 64.00 then I think a total of 74 with taxes and triple a. I requested a non smoking room. When I checked in later in the evening, the man checking me in was not the friendliest . When we got into the room, it reeked off smoke..so bad we had a hard time breathing. I pulled the covers down and there were long black hairs. The air conditioner was older than dirt. It actually vibrated the bathroom floor. The pictures on.the site looked nice from the outside and the inside. The water pressure in the shower was horrible. I actually left feeling worse that I showered like soap was still on me. The towels were harsh and more like dish rags. My.husband laid down and sunk right down and I thought i was going to flip off. Horrible

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank malenag125
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I went to sleep fine and woke up several hours later covered in itchy bug bites. The desk clerk was nice about finding another room in the middle of the night. In the morning the clerk was again nice, but seemed to be very familiar with her local exterminator.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank SallyF693
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

enjoyed an excellent experience at knights inn last weekend, i stays at this hotel for the opening weekend of musikfest, very pleased with reception at front desk, maids were thorough, room clean and comfortable, will return here again for musikfest next year

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The motel is ok. I have stayed here before, the last time a few years back. It did look like they did new carpet in the hallways since that time. My carpet in my room was worn/torn in a few places and should be replaced. Light above desk didn't work. There was no hairdryer. Shower was good. I slept in late so didn't take advantage of free breakfast. Older TV, but worked with good channel selection. Fridge and microwave in room is a plus. Bed was comfy.
I got a good price way in advance. If you are looking for a place to sleep and meet basic needs, it's fine. If you need a pool and some bells and whistles, then I would go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bob984
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We requested a handicapped room because my husband uses a walker. They gave us a nice spacious room with a roll-in shower as well as refrigerator + microwave. All looked good until I attempted a shower. For some reason this had a detachable head, which leaked all over the place; the lip was not big enough so the whole bathroom got flooded. Dangerously slippery. The next morning we awoke to find another flood on the other side of the room, as water had poured in under the A/C. We had to hurry out for an appointment, upon our return it was obvious the entire floor was soaked. No handicapped rooms available so the desk staff offered us the standard room next door, but this turned out to be occupied or at least uncleaned. So I had to carry all our stuff to another room down the hall, much smaller than the first one; my husband couldn't get around at all. Found a gross-looking stain on the top of the bed. The night guy couldn't do anything but at least let me go back to our old room to exchange that piece. All this was kind of exhausting.

However, I will say the room wasn't bad for the price, except lack of space and indifferent cleaning staff. The ice machine in the lobby was broken, but they did have free, good coffee there 24/7. Also the location is quite convenient, right off 78 adjacent to a shopping mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator / microwave as not all rooms have them.