“Nice stay nearby Bethlehem”

Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Milpitas, California
“Nice stay nearby Bethlehem”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here in mid-October due to the Runner's World Half Marathon weekend. Red Roof Inn recently remodeled and all of their rooms are 100% smoke free. Don't judge the old exterior of the hotel and the surrounding strip mall. The location of the hotel was fine.

Our room was clean and we had a very comfortable bed. We stayed here for one night, and the room cost $77 ($70 for the room + $7 tax). The hotel was about a 10 minute drive to downtown Bethlehem area where the half marathon started.

Please note that the hotel charges a fee to use the safe. If you want the fee removed from your total bill, you have to tell them to take it off when you check out. Pretty sneaky since the fee was a few dollars.

Free parking and wifi available.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KeroppiQueen
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor, regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn-Allentown Airport. We strive to provide each and every guest with a clean room, great service, and at a good rate. We truly appreciate your feedback to help us to continue to improve and provide our guest with the best lodging needs that we can. Thank you again and we hope to see you future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Having criss-crossed this country many times by car—and seeing my fair share of lousy motel rooms—I have to say that checking in at a Red Roof Inn is consistently a delight. The Allentown Red Roof is no exception, and in fact I’ve made a point to return to this spot on trips. The rooms are clean and the staff is pleasant, and of course they are dog-friendly—all at a reasonable price. During my latest stay I unfortunately left my laptop behind in the room—horrors!—and didn’t realize it until I was several states away. Imagine my relief when I called and was assured that my computer was safe and in good hands. The manager promised to ship it back to me quickly, and he delivered on that promise—my computer arrived on my desk just as I was returning to my office in California. Thanks for being there when I needed you, guys—it’s good to know there are still honest, trustworthy businesses out there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mizlee123
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn-Allentown Airport. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I was also happy to hear that your computer arrived quickly and safely to your office in California !
My staff and I look forward to being of service again in the near future.
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Every one of the staff here has been great. They are knowledgeable, courteous, efficient, and eager to please. As a businessman, I really appreciate their Superior King rooms with the extra amenities that allow me to work online and otherwise. And this location is handy to a strip mall and restaurants, many of which give discounts if you stay at Red Roof. During the last four years of my travels I always stop here when in this area and am never disappointed. It's also close to the airport which makes it handy to pick up associates who fly in. My only (minor) gripes would be the sidewalks should be a little wider and heavy rains tend to flood a portion of the west side parking area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lee B
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear valued guest:

Thank you so very much for taking time from your schedule to post such an outstanding review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has been our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and by reading your comments, we were successful. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Again, our sincerest thanks and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I've stayed here twice and it's an amazing value. The hotel is clean, staff super welcoming, rooms clean, comfortable and well appointed (nice TV, free wifi, fridge, in-rrom safe, microwave, coffee maker. And, it's close to the airport and in a nice area with lots of dining/shopping options. I will stay here any time I'm in Allentown and looking for a great deal -- not luxury, spas, etc.

Room Tip: The have great accessible rooms. They do allow pets, so if you don't like animals, tell the staf...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rytr
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review, regarding you recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport. Positive feedback helps to let my staff know, that their hard work does not go unnoticed. I was happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable, and that my staff made you feel truly welcome. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Mt. Poconos
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The maids and the staff is very nice and very helpful to anything you need or if you have the questions. Hope was one of my maids and she was very nice and if I need anything she got it for me. There are six maids here and they all will help you or get you what you need and found out anything you ask them. And we stay here anytime we are in Allentown PA or if we are working around or near Allentown PA. We just really like the people at the hotel

Janet & Glenn Stevens

Room Tip: They are pet friendly and so if you're looking for a hotel this would be the one.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GlennsLoveBug
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope to see you again soon.
Kenilworth, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here for one night and everything was perfect. This is a newly renovated or, redesigned, as Red Roof calls it, room. Ultra clean with a great bed. I did not see any strange activity going on as other review mention. I'd stay here again in minute. Staff was friendly and it has a great location. Super value for the money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David S
Thank you for taking time to give us such a nice compliment. We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and we do feel they are a great value. I was also very pleased that my GSR made you feel so welcome and accommodating. It is our goal to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns!
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Family booked a few rooms for an evening along the route of a long car trip. Check - in was smooth and receptionist very pleasant.

Rooms are tight but recently renovated, similar to a Courtyard. Had vending pantries and decent amount of parking. Only issue was the laughable "non-smoking property" signs throughout. Two of three rooms had that interesting aroma of cigarettes mixed with overly sweet deodorizer. This chain has an exterior balcony to access rooms on each floor, also a popular smoking destination.

The primary reason we chose this chain was that we were traveling with pets, no pet smells anywhere so those owners were responsible unlike the non-non-smokers. Decent overall value but I'll book another chain if I have no pets.

Nice bonus was 10% guest discount at the adjacent Friendly's.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FaSnizel
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
I'm writing to Thank You for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, however it helps us focus on the areas that need improving.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotels is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. I hope that you will give us another try in the future to meet your lodging needs.