“Poor layout architurally”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Omar, West Virginia
“Poor layout architurally”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My mother and i stayed here last week, and while it was much better than the Motel 6 we stayed previously, we did have some concerns. First, the vent in the bathroom was so loud, we couldn't leave the light on while we slept. The bathroom door did not close, so privacy was compromised. The tub was too small, so my feet could not find a flat surface. This is dangerous for a handicapped person to maintain balance. There was no vending machine on our floor, so I had to go to the first floor for drinks, then walk the length of the building to return to my room . Only one luggage cart was available and it was kept in the lobby. The elevator was in the breezeway, so again, walking the entire length of the building was necessary. I definitely got my exercise in. There was not microwave or refrigerator in my room, so another review makes me wonder. I did have a safe in my room. I asked if a handicapped room was available, but those rooms only have one bed, and we prefer two beds, so we had to forgo that option.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor, so you don't have to walk so far to the elevator.
1 Thank Heather C
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport. Comments like yours are not always pleasant to hear, however it helps us to focus on the areas of opportunity.

I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. I hope that you will give us another try in the future to meet your lodging needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2014

At check-in there was a small problem with the reservation information. The front desk clerk
Donna was more than helpful and got it corrected very quickly. The room was very clean and
the microwave and the refrigerator was nice and clean and a cold refrigerator..As I walked around the property to visited the office and get ice I passed staff and they always smiled
and said Hello. The rooms were spotless and all the lights workied and the ac/heat worked
as advertised. Some other chains I stay at cannot compare to this chain and I would most
highly recommend it to all in need of a hotel in this area. I felt really as part of a family here
thankjs to the attitudes of the entire staff. .

Room Tip: All the rooms were recently renovated and I cannot imagine a substandard room at this location.
2 Thank Ken B
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Red Roof Inn-Allentown Airport and taking the time to write the review of your experience. We take our guests’ comments very seriously and share them with the staff. When guests like yourself take the time out of their busy schedules to give us such a positive response it helps to motivate the staff and shows that all their hard work does not go unnoticed. Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I love this place! The staff very friendly and professional. The. Property is always clean and well kept. The rooms always look good and smell fresh! They really going out there way to make you feel welcome. Especially one of the staff at the front desk her name is Donna very warm and friendly. Her politeness makes feels like I'm home away from home and because of Donna I only check into Red Roof Inn when I travel and when I come to Allentown.
Thanks For Everything A Happy Guest... D.K.

Room Tip: The 2nd Floor is the very quiet!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear valued guest:

Thank you so very much for taking time from your schedule to post such an outstanding review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has been our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and by reading your comments, we were successful. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Again, our sincerest thanks and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed every second at the hotel it was one of the most comfortable hotels i have been in. Definitely will be staying in again. The rooms were comfortable and stylish and the area was convenient for everything we needed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
I want to thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority and I am happy to read that we exceeded your expectations. I will share your review with the entire staff as it serves as recognition to a job well done and encouragement to continuously improve upon our service.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We attempted an early check in but our room was not ready. Were offered a different room, not as spaceous as the one we booked and without the fridge, microwave, etc. Bcuz we booked thru Expedia we were told that no adjustment could or would be made to our bill for the lower category room. We opted to continue with the early check in and were glad we did so we could get on with our day. Unfortunately our room was not serviced the first day but a quick call to the desk brought fresh towels and apologies. So, would we stay again? Yes! Why? We slept great, very comfortable bedding, and we found everything clean. Dont need more than that when your daily schedule keeps u out of ur room all day. I suggest third floor so u dont hear the parking lot noise. We didnt hear any...!

Stayed July 2014
RedAllentown, Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn and thank you for your kind comments about our newly renovated property. At Red Roof your 100% satisfaction is our main goal. We look forward to serve you again in your next trip..
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This place is a great surprise! Very clean and nice!! We are on a business budget and love it when we can stay somewhere this cheap and nice!! Rooms are small but I like that. Very quiet too! A big thunderstorm rolled in the night we stayed and I didn't even know it was raining outside!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us such a nice compliment. We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and we do feel they are a great value. I was also very pleased to hear that you liked the overall feel of the guest room. It is our goal to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns!
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The recent updates to the rooms make this a fairly inexpensive and pleasant place to stay. The lack of breakfast isn't a big deal since its very close to some local restaurants. My only real complaint was that the air conditioning unit reminded me of Sarah Palin - loud, obnoxious, and generally useless. It woke me up multiple times from either noise or variance in room temperature.

1 Thank Dan H
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our facility. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you encountered with the malfunctioning ac unit in your guest room. Please be assured that this problem will addressed and corrected immediately. I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
The View Inn & Suites
The View Inn & Suites
#14 of 14 in Bethlehem
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport? Share your experiences!