“Accomodations unacceptable”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Accomodations unacceptable”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I really hope that the management at the Days Allentown read the reviews. At least it would show they marginally care because if the state of this hotel is an indication, then that they do not. I went to this hotel for a weekend stay July 26-28. I thought I had a 3 1/2 star hotel I booked through Hotwire. When we arrived ( it was late) the main entrance looked clean and I was hopeful for a pleasant stay. We were put on the 1st floor , but we found out there was no elevator and no one to guide us to our rooms. We and another guest wandered for 15 minutes until we found the floor. The extremely low hallway was filled with smoke as was our room. There are no smoking signs posted but clearly from the smoke it is just a suggestion. When I called the front desk, they feigned ignorance and I asked to be moved because of an allegry to smoke. I was 'upgraded' to a business suite on the 3rd floor.So up three flights of stairs we went with luggage! The suite seemed suitable, but I noticed a musty odor but it was late and we just went to bed. In the morning I tried to order breakfast. 2 1/2 hours later, it came-wrong with a waitress asking me not to complain to managment that it got messed up. The musty , nasy odor was getting so bad, I was getting dizzy. The phone wasn't working and the sink wasn't draining so I asked to please be moved again. Another 'business suite' on the 2nd floor. Luckily, I got help with my bags this time. When we got to 210, it was so stank in there that the front desk person asked the cleaning staff for Febreeze and sprayed himself! It was dark , otherwise I would have flipped when he was there when I turned the lights on. Stains everywhere! (There are pics of the carpets) Had it not been for the fact that I paid through Hotwire and I couldn't find another room elsewhere, I would have gotten the hell out of there! Have they no shame? Once again, that nasty smell. Even though I was scared to, I investigated. It was the pillows! When I pulled the pillowcases back, I was in horror. Yellow and black stained, like they were left over from a flood. I slept that night curled in a ball, with no pillow or sheet. They market a pool, exercise room ( CLOSED) hot tubs, restaurant and lounge. I did not go in the pool and you couldn't have paid me to get in the hot tub. The bar /lounge closd at 11 on Sat. This was hands down the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I was fearful for my health! I may be unfortunate in that I did not win the Days Allentown room lottery but I think not. I heard other people complaining as well while I was there. If I had known that this was a step up from a roach motel, then I either would not have booked it or would have adjusted my expectations. Clean carpets and pillows should not be considered a luxury.

Room Tip: Not 210. Stay away from 1st floor unless you like the smell of smoke.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M N
Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. Providing every guest with the best experience possible while visiting our property is what we strive for. Unfortunately, we missed that mark during your stay and for that I apologize.

The conditions you experienced with your guest rooms and our pool area unacceptable. Your reviews has been addressed with all appropriate departments and please know that we are all working to ensure this type of incident will not reoccur.

I hope the issues you experienced during your stay will not deter you from giving us another try, as we would love the opportunity to provide you with an outstanding experience.

Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to seeing you in future travels.

Amanda Kovacs
Front Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport
Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!