“I was extremely frustrated with having to wait over an hour...”

Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Allentown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Richmond
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I found the room clean and the staff friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be that the American flag being displayed out from was tattered and in bad shape, which I brought to the attention of the desk staff and was told they would take care of it. Two days later when I checked out it was still out front. I do find this very unacceptable as a Military Veteran, and hope it is taken care of ASAP as I have someone going by to check for me, otherwise it is always a pleasant experience at the Days Hotel on Airport Rd in Allentown

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
I would like to thank you for not only choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, but for taking the time to provide us with your much appreciated feedback. We are pleased to hear we were able to make your stay so pleasant, and that we were able to offer all the amenities necessary to for you to have a great stay. We are happy to know you were able to enjoy our convenient location and our comfortable accommodations. Our staff works hard to ensure they give the best customer service possible, and we are all delighted to hear that we have been able to provide this for you.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our flag outside the hotel, so that we can continue to improve upon the experiences for all guests visiting the property. Please know that we ordered a new flag, and are just waiting for its arrival.

From all of us here at the Days Hotel, we thank you for the kind feedback and wish to see you again in your future travels.

Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The staff at this hotel were friendly. The room was clean. And the price was very reasonable. I did the park and fly option, which I have done in other cities (Philadelphia, Baltimore, Dallas). This hotel was by far the best out of all the other cities and hotels I have used.

1 Thank O. D
I would like to thank you for not only choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, but for taking the time to provide us with your much appreciated feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our convenient location and our parking services. Our staff works hard to ensure they give the best customer service possible, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations and that we were able to offer all the amenities necessary for you to have a great stay.

Niskayuna
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

1. Building an elevator for months, now stopped by a town order
2. Hallways smell of an old order
3. Was there 5 nights. (1 day no housekeeping, 1 day asked for extra coffee received it but they did not make bed 2nd day in row.
4. 2nd Time I was there key to room did not work, had to wait forever to get room changed (3 trips with luggage up and down)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Charles W
Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We strive to provide all of our guests with comfortable accommodations and exceptional customer service with every stay, and please accept our sincerest apologies for having missed that mark during your visit.

The conditions you experienced during your stay are indeed less than satisfactory, and I will be addressing them with the appropriate departments immediately. Please accept our apologies for our lack of an elevator and any debris or odor you may have encountered in the hallways from outside of your guest room. We are currently in the process of renovating our property and installing an elevator; unfortunately it has been currently stopped due to certain regulations with the city but will continue again shortly. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we are aware this has caused for some unsightly areas and a possible slight odor. Please know we are doing our best to keep these areas smelling fresh, clean, and free of debris during this process. I would also like to apologize for any issues you experienced with your guest room being serviced. I have spoke with our housekeeping department about the issues you encountered about not receiving service, and our housekeeping supervisor will be holding a meeting to ensure another guest does not experience the same problem.

Please accept our apologies for this matter, and we hope these issues will not deter you from giving us another try sometime in the future. Again thank you for your feed back.

Homewood, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Poor desk service and inadequate facilities. This hotel has no elevator. I was first assigned an upstairs room without any offer to help with my luggage but was then offered a first floor room. The hallways to my room was like a narrow tunnel with low ceilings. The carpet was worn and dirty. The room was adequate for a single night stay but very basic. The exterior wall was water damaged with pealing paint. The mattress was worn out. Would not recommend this hotel even for a single night. The breakfast, although paid, was good, however. Coffee in the restaurant is free, but no more. The coffee set up in the room was inadequate.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room. There are not elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 25 December 2013

The conditions you experienced during your stay are unacceptable, and I will be addressing them with all departments immediately. I would first like to apologize with the less then satisfactory assistance you received by the front desk. Please accept our apologies for our lack of an elevator and any debris in the hallways you may have seen from outside of your guest room. We are currently undergoing renovations to our property and in the process of installing an elevator. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we are aware this has caused for some unattractive areas. Please know we are doing our best to keep these areas clean and free of debris during this process. I would also like to apologize for any issues you experienced with your guest room. I have spoke with all appropriate departments about the problems with your walls, mattress, and any water damage; and they are working quickly to make sure another guest does not experience the same problem.

Please accept our apologies for this matter. I realize you stated you will never stay with us again; however, we would love the opportunity to change your mind. Please contact me directly regarding a future stay and I will personally make sure it is an outstanding experience.

Darby, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay here in Allentown. Very quiet and spacious hotel. Staff was very friendly Matt and Betsy greeted me as i was checking out. Put a smile on my face. Wish there was free breakfast tho. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Franklin B
Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We are always pleased to hear about positive experiences had by our guests while visiting the property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and our exceptional customer service. We strive to provide all of our guests with at home comfortable accommodations, and I apologize that we missed the mark during your stay.

Please accept our apologies for the conditions of our hallways and the debris you may have seen from outside of your guest room. We are currently undergoing renovations to our property, and are aware this has caused for some unsightly areas and may have made our property a bit less sound proof; but please know that we doing our best to keep these areas clean and free of debris during this process.

Again thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Front Office
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport
BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!