“Stayed at this hotel because there was a restaurant inside...”

Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 6 April 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Tina F, General Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Reviewed 3 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel room was adequate but there was a smell in the hallway- like a perfume spray to cover other smells. The location was within walking distance of about 4 restaurants for eating. Breakfast was adequate- and professional and friendly staff. The price was reasonable but would not stay again..

Room Tip: away from busy traffic- not sure what is best for this
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, but for taking the time to provide us with you much appreciated feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location to many of the nearby restaurants, and that our staff was able to provide you with their professional customer service as we all strive to offer.

I would however like to apologize for any unpleasant smell you may have experienced in our hallways. I have spoke with our Maintenance and Housekeeping department, and they are in works to ensure this type of incident will not reoccur during future guest stays.

I understand you stated you will not stay here again, however; we hope that you will give us another try in your future travels.

Again thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We used to stay here frequently when it was the Sheraton. We stayed last August after the changeover, and we didn't have a great experience, but I chalked it up to the construction. When Hotwire put us here again, I called and asked if the pool construction was still ongoing. They said it was, so I asked to be moved away from the pool, and they accommodated.

We were just in town for one night because my husband's step-father was in the hospital, so it was our base camp rather than destination. We checked in around 3 and were directed to the back parking lot for easiest access. The first thing I noticed was a lot of trash in the parking lot. The second thing I noticed was a hypodermic needle laying on the ground. I almost stepped on it. When we went in the back door, there were two people standing there smoking (which is fine - not complaining about that) that had nametags on. I pointed out the hypodermic needle to both of them. They both said "OK" and then one said "Yeah, I see it there." They made some comments about people not knowing where the trash was, and we went inside. About 2 hours later we left to go back to the hospital, and the needle was still laying there. At 11pm, it was still there when we returned.

At 3:00am, I was jolted awake by a loud beeping. Initially, I thought it was the alarm clock in the room. I thought my husband would shut it off, but he got up and said "What is going on?". He went to the door and opened it, and saw it was the fire alarm. He didn't smell smoke, so he closed the door, and the beeping stopped shortly after. We kept hearing doors slam, so he went back to the door, and someone told us that they were told it was a false alarm and it was ok. We attempted to go back to sleep, but the sirens started going off in the parking lot. Then there were lots of red flashing lights. I got up and went to the door and again smelled no smoke, and no one was in the hall, so I eventually went back to sleep.

We received the call to pick my husband's step-father up at the hospital at 8am, so we ran to get a shower. We discovered the water coming from the faucet was yellow and it was brown in the toilet. I called the front desk and was told to turn the shower on and keep it running. We were eventually able to shower, we packed, and went to go to the front desk to turn the keys in and find out what was happening. When we opened up the back door, we startled two "unkempt" men. Neither had nametags on, so I assume they don't work there. They were milling about, smoking, and digging through the trash. We quickly moved on, and when getting in the car, I noticed the hypodermic needle still there.

The front parking lot was full of police cars and a disaster cleanup truck. I asked what happened. Apparently some morons were in the hallway and decided to have some impromptu gymnastics display. One kicked the head off of a sprinkler, and in turn, burst a pipe. She informed me that the police were taking people into custody and apologized about the inconvenience, and lack of sleep.

While I can't hold them responsible for that at all, because it wasn't their fault, I do hold them responsible for the trashy parking lot. And I informed the front desk about the needle and the men milling about. She assured me she'd take care of it, but we had to hurry off to the hospital, so I don't know if anything was done about it or not.

Our room looks like it did when it was the Sheraton, so I'm hoping that they just haven't made it to that area to remodel yet, as our bathroom was a little bit in need of some help. Otherwise, the room was nice, clean, and comfortable (except for the desk chair - I have a bruise on my leg from the horrible metal arms on them).

I'm willing to stay there again, but I'm hoping the parking lot is cleaner by then, and I don't encounter any trash diggers early in the morning. I'm also disappointed to hear that the jacuzzi is gone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I would first like you for choosing to stay with us here again at the Days Hotel. Providing every guest with clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as excellent customer service, is our main priority. Please accept my sincerest apologies that during your most recent visit, we may have missed that mark.

Our property is still continuing to undergo necessary renovations. These include our pool area, as well as guest rooms and certain areas of our hallways as we are installing elevators and correcting any damage that was caused by the incident you have mentioned in your review. We understand the inconvenience this may cause while staying at our property, however; these renovations are necessary in order to better future stays for all guests. We are excited to have our property new and freshly updated, and hope that our guests return to see the final results.

The conditions you experienced in our parking lot are indeed less than satisfactory. Please know that I have personally addressed this situation with all appropriate departments, and we are all working to ensure this type of incident will not be a reoccurrence.

I appreciate that you have offered to give us another try in your future travels. We hope that you will indeed return to our property, as we would love the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful stay, as every visit should be.

Again thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel and we are looking forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I stay at The Days anytime I'm in the Allentown area which is pretty frequently for work. The hotel has some much needed reservations going on and continues to improve. The staff makes every visit worth it because they're always friendly and there to help with whatever I need. The bars always a good time and it's always a better time when Shells behind the bar. I'll stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014

I would like to thank you for not only choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, but for taking the time to provide us with your much appreciated feedback. . We are pleased to hear we were able to make your stay so pleasant, and that we were able to offer all the amenities necessary to for you to have a great stay. We are happy to know you were able to enjoy our convenient location, speedy shuttle service, and our comfortable accommodations. We’re also happy to hear our front desk staff was able to accommodate all or your needs and helped give you the best possible stay here, and that Shelly has been able to make our lounge such an inviting dinner location for you. Our staff works hard to ensure they give the best customer service possible, and we are all delighted to hear that we have been able to provide this for you.

From all of us here at the Days Hotel, we thank you for the kind feedback and wish to see you again in your future travels.