“Good for one night”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Winchester, Virginia
“Good for one night”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Once or twice a year we stop over in Allentown for the night on our way to NYC. And every time i book a room on hotwire and every time i get this Days Inn! As others have noted, the front desk staff are great, the rooms are mostly clean but they are worn. The hallways are the pits. Rugs need a good vacumn and cleaning or simply replace. The walls need paint and there is a foul odor. But for one night, with the cheap rate from Hiotowre, it is an okay place to stay. .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lacia A, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, and for taking a moment to express your feedback about your most recent stay. Guest reviews allow us to recognize areas of improvement so we are better able to accommodate future guests.

I am elated to find that our front desk staff was able to pleasantly serve you. Our staff aims to exceed all guest expectations every time, thus I’m glad to hear that we succeeded once again.

Please accept my apology in regards to the inconvenience caused by our ongoing renovations. We are in the final stages of our hotel’s upgrade. Since you mentioned that you are a frequent visitor with us, we invite you to come back again to enjoy our hotel in its completion. We look forward to your next stay.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here one short night on a business trip after my customer recommended it because it is so close to the airport. After seeing the carpeting being torn up one turn away from the front desk, a HUGE spider on the curtain, dirty bed skirt and chair...I attempted to get my money back and get out! Since it was after check-in/cancellation period I stayed and the helpful front desk did put me in a king suite...which was a tad better and at least had more space. Would never pick this place again and deal with a longer drive to the airport. Until they are done with the renovation stay away! The hallway being torn up as you are walking to your room is not welcoming at all! Had an early flight so I can't comment on the breakfast but at least it is complimentary.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you take a chance on this place...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Maci J
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. All staff members seek to ensure that all guests receive great service in all areas. Our front desk, above all, strives to accommodate guests in a more personal manner and take care of all requests or concerns promptly. I am pleased to see that we were able to better meet your needs by providing an upgrade in lieu of the unfortunate discrepancies you encountered.

I sincerely apologize that your most recent stay seems to have left you without a high opinion of us. We aim to have all of our guests leave with having had an enjoyable and positively memorable experience. It is to our dismay that we seemed to have missed that mark for you.

Our hotel’s upgrade is in the final stages. Following their completion, we assure you that a future visit will be that of a more satisfactory one; one that will allow you to enjoy all of the great amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again soon in your future travels to the Allentown/Bethlehem area.

Andover
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Front desk personnel very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Carpeting in hallway is in the process of being replaced,but was not a distraction. Room was next to mechanical room and was a little noisy. The only downside was the breakfast selection or lack of same. Only offered fruit loops and toast.coffee dispenser was empty when we arrived but was refilled in about 10 minutes

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Tina F, General Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with feedback by sharing your experience. Our staff seeks to deliver admirable guest service in all departments; therefore I am delighted to hear that your stay was that of an overall enjoyable one.

Our complimentary continental breakfast is currently a cold-based selection; however, in the coming weeks we will be expanding it to include some hot items as well as a few other additional ones. This has been a new amenity that our hotel has just begun offering, thus we have only had the foundation in place until our new choices arrive. I apologize that our newer selection was not readily available for you during your stay.

I hope your future travels bring you back to our area again so you are able experience our hotel in its completion. We value you as our guest and look forward to your next visit.

Memphis
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Boy was I glad my wife was not with me, saved me the sideways look for being cheap and booking this hotel. For my one night stay with minimum time in the room it served its purpose, but I would not recommend. The room had a chlorine/mold smell, and a dirty lounge chair. The bathroom was clean, but the tub was an accident waiting to happen, no slip resistance whatsoever, stepping into the tub was like stepping on a sheet of ice. Be prepared to have to possibly change rooms, if I had been with my wife I would have definitely changed rooms. The lady in front of me during check-in was on her third room before settling in, yet she still had issues with that room. The wifi was strong in my room, so that was good.

The continental breakfast is minimum so do not go to it hungry. The employees were fine for the brief moments I interacted with them. The location is good, about as close as you can get to the airport and any basic needs are within two miles. The hotel is not quite seedy, but if they continue to defer maintenance it is on the way there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
First, I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, as well as sharing your experience with us regarding your recent visit. We take our guest services very seriously and aim to accommodate every guest to meet their needs as individuals.

Our renovations have been underway for several months now and we have seen vast improvements throughout the entire hotel. Unfortunately, we are still in the upgrade process and apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused you as a result. The appropriate departments have been made aware of the discrepancies with your room and are being handled accordingly, as well as giving more attention to such matters in each of our rooms should this circumstance arise again. Our staff is diligently working to complete our upgrade in a timely manner, as well as attend to any maintenance issues that may arise during that time.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to easily access our free Wi-Fi internet service and utilize it to attend to all of your business and personal needs. Our complimentary, continental breakfast is only temporarily cold-based. It is a new addition to our property as part of our upgrade, and will be expanding in the coming weeks. I apologize that our newer items were not readily available during the time of your stay.

Along with cleanliness and comfort, we here at the Days Hotel also strive to provide exemplary guest service in our interactions with them. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to add that to your experience.

We are excited for the finished product that we are going to be able to offer to all guests and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in your future travels.

Allentown
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The room was nice and clean, except for some mold in the bathroom. The Hotel was under construction so that was not good, no pool as hotel was under construction. The dining area did not open until 4:00 PM which forced us to go elsewhere for meals. The meeting rooms were adequate to meet our needs, but servers were unprepared.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Cheryl K
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel, and providing feedback regarding your experience. Our staff as a whole takes pride in accommodating our guests in all aspects to ensure an enjoyable and memorable stay.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any and all inconveniences you incurred during your visit with our hotel. I have contacted the appropriate departments regarding the discrepancies in your room, therefore there have been new procedures for such circumstances implemented.

Our renovations due to the upgrade of our property are still underway; however our staff is working vigilantly to reach its completion. Our pool as well should be available by summer, possibly earlier if work continues on schedule. Our dates regarding its re-opening are still tentative, but the new look of it will have been well worth the wait.

All of our food and beverage employees enjoy serving our guests, although unfortunately our restaurant is not available until after 5:00pm. We apologize if this time was not suitable for you as our guest, but do hope that during future stays you will have the opportunity to stop in.

I am glad to hear that your group found our meeting space to be sufficient in meeting your needs. Much of our staff is new, but that does not excuse them from improperly attending to the needs of our guests. As your host, I apologize if you experienced any inconvenience in this matter. It has been brought to the attention of the appropriate department and is being handled accordingly.

Furthermore, I hope you will choose to stay with us again here at the Days Hotel in future travels. We look forward to your next visit.