“Poor quality”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Fredericksburg, Virginia, Usa
“Poor quality”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was very dirty, mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom. The motel is going thru renovations so ther is a lot of commotion during the day. The staff were ok to deal with except we requested a double bed and was given a king and when questioned, the clerk told us they were sold out even though we had made reservations prior.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank 515SharonC
Lacia A, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your most recent stay. It has been our pleasure to serve you here at the Days Hotel.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience or disruption that our renovations may have caused you during your visit.

Unfortunately, we were sold out this past weekend, and therefore were unable to accommodate any room type change requests. To our dismay, if a guest books through a Third Party site, we are limited to how much we are able to provide with. We encourage all guests to book hotel direct so we are better able to accommodate and attend to all of your needs.

We hope that you will consider us once more for a future visit and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

First, the good. The location is very convenient to the airport and US 22, which is the main highway in the Lehigh Valley. They have a restaurant, pool, and exercise facility, none of which I used, so I can't comment on them. They also have free internet, which worked very well with all three of us using it.

The hotel is very nice from the front, and the lobby is nice as well. The few staff members I dealt with were no problem, except for the 20's clerk who addressed me as "Pal."

The problem began when the clerk told me the elevator was not working because of the renovation. Nice. I always love lugging a heavy suitcase up to the third floor. I was told that the closest door to my room was around the back, stairway B, I believe it was. When we drove around to that doorway, we found that the door lock does not work. Great for security. The dark blue carpet inside that door and up the staircase was dirty from debris that was tracked in. It was not cleaned during our 3 night stay, at least not enough. There were also hundreds of cigarette butts laying in the gutter. It didn't appear to have been swept for several months.

In addition, just outside that back door was a trash can, which was allowed to overflow. Also, when the maids emptied the trash cans in their rooms, the garbage all went into large white bags. Those bags were then dumped alongside the trashcan at the back door, 6-12 large bags.. Sometime during the day they were moved, but each day the same thing happened. It sat out there all day and night. It was moved sometime around 9 AM, but then the dumping began anew. It was especially nice when someone spilled a take-out container of spaghetti with red sauce all over the sidewalk. That sat there all day and night. What a great way to say "Welcome to the Days Hotel."

Additionally, the ice machine on our floor was out of order the entire time we were there. Also, the maid did not replace the toiletries and we ran out of shampoo and conditioner. We had to go to the front desk for replacements.

The furniture in the room was adequate. The carpet was clean. The bathroom was OK, although the water pressure in the shower was terrible.

The ultimate insult was the going away surprise. My wife threw her white nightgown on top of the suitcase, which was sitting on the floor. A few seconds later, a roach ran across it. What a great memory.

Will I stay again? Oh sure (sarcasm intended.)

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor in the main building. That will save you from lugging your suitcases up the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Days Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us. As your host, the feedback you provide allows us to better recognize in what areas we are exceeding expectations and where we are in need of improvement.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience, including that of our elevator, that may have imposed upon your recent stay with us. All renovations are in their final stages, therefore we are looking forward to a fully servicing property in the near future.

In regards to you security and housekeeping concerns, I have notified the appropriate departments and they are being handled accordingly.

I am glad, however, to see that our staff was able to meet your expectations in our guest service communications. All members as a whole are held to a standard of courtesy, respect, and kindness while engaging in all interactions. Although, I must apologize for the single individual who aimed a little below that mark, it was meant with the utmost sincerity and comfort.

We truly hope that during a future visit you will give us the opportunity to rise above this unfortunate experience and therefore provide you with a more comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2014

One entire wing is under construction. The elevator is in this wing and is not available, so I had to traipse down many corridors and up stairs to get to the room. The front desk staff did not offer any info on room location or breakfast location and time. I had to ask, then got 2 different answers to finding my room. Once I finally got to my room, it was clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast is bare bones minimum- 2 cold cereal selections, oatmeal, sliced bread for toasting, and a bowl with a few apples and bananas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Lacia A, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and for choosing to stay here at the Days Hotel.

We apologize for any inconvenience that our current renovations may have caused you during your stay. Our elevator is coming along nicely; therefore we hope to have it running in the near future.

Please accept my sincerest apologies in regards to the poor communication during the explanation of the location of your room. Our staff strives to provide all guests with all information during the check in process in order to alleviate any later confusion. To our dismay, it seems that we may have missed that mark for you.

However, I’m glad to see that we achieved our standard of cleanliness and comfort. In regards to our complimentary breakfast, we offer a basic continental buffet. We apologize if this was insufficient in satisfying your needs.

We hope that during your next visit to the Lehigh Valley you will give us further consideration. We look forward to seeing you again.

Claremont, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed with our six-month-old at this Days Inn, and the personnel were all very professional and helpful. The drawbacks were that we had to traipse allllll the way across the hotel, up stairs, and through corridors under construction to get to our room. I imagine that once the renovations are finished, this will be an excellent hotel to stay at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

First I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback with regard to your recent stay.

Although our renovations are still underway, I assure you that they are nearly finished. Every day our construction and maintenance team is working tirelessly to finish all upgrading to the necessary standards.

I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to present you with courteous and amicable guest service communications. All of us as a whole strive to serve each guest with a highly respectable and friendly demeanor, and to accommodate any needs to the best of our abilities.

We look forward to seeing you again during your future travels to the Lehigh Valley!