“ I love this hotel♡”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“ I love this hotel♡”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel it is very nice the workers are very nice and friendly especially a woman named Elizabeth Gomez she was very nice and helpful she help me bring my bags to my room with my kids she helped me on July 4 the rooms are very nice and clean I love this hotel I'll be back soon

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Lacia A, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
First, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with such an enjoyable stay during your recent visit with us. And yes, Elizabeth is definitely a wonderful member of our staff. I will be passing along your compliments to her.

We are truly looking forward to your next visit with us!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
allentown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel the workers are very nice the rooms are very clean the workers are very friendly especially a woman named Elizabeth Gomez she is very nice she even helped me carry my bags upstairs with my kids she helped me on ° july 4 I'll be back soon

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kathy123455

We are truly looking forward to your next visit with us!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

For a place going through renovations, the construction was quite, and clean. The room was good sized, and our bed was huge. There was a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. In a closet there was a safe & ironing board/ iron, which I didn't use. Our room was clean & on the 1st floor, so the non-working elevator didn't bother us. My only complaint would be the housekeepers hanging out chatting loudly in front of my door & waking me every morning.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ali A
I’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for choosing to stay here at the Days Hotel.

We apologize if any inconvenience was imposed upon you by any of our staff members. We strive to accommodate our guests with a comfortable environment, free of unnecessary disturbance.

I am glad, however, to see that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and were pleased by the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We hope that during your next visit to the Lehigh Valley you will choose to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you!

Corry
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel looked nice from the outside. Construction within the premises was the same as it appeared one year ago, when we stayed there last. I know airport travelers frequent the hotel. The rooms were clean, however, the hallways were filthy and needed vacuuming, walls, etc. The air conditioner in the room made noise too. Also, restaurant offered continental breakfast only, which differed from our last stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Lacia A, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I’d like to thank you for choosing to return to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback and loyalty as our guest.

Our renovations are still underway, however, they are in their final stages. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I assure you that upon their completion in the near future, there will be a very new rendition of our hotel to experience.

Unfortunately, our full service, restaurant-style breakfast has been discontinued since your last visit with us. We now offer a complimentary, basic continental breakfast buffet that is included with your stay. This allows every one of our guests the opportunity to be provided with a morning meal free of charge.

We truly look forward to your next visit with us here at the Days Hotel!

Fredericksburg, Virginia, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was very dirty, mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom. The motel is going thru renovations so ther is a lot of commotion during the day. The staff were ok to deal with except we requested a double bed and was given a king and when questioned, the clerk told us they were sold out even though we had made reservations prior.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank 515SharonC
First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your most recent stay. It has been our pleasure to serve you here at the Days Hotel.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience or disruption that our renovations may have caused you during your visit.

Unfortunately, we were sold out this past weekend, and therefore were unable to accommodate any room type change requests. To our dismay, if a guest books through a Third Party site, we are limited to how much we are able to provide with. We encourage all guests to book hotel direct so we are better able to accommodate and attend to all of your needs.

We hope that you will consider us once more for a future visit and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

First, the good. The location is very convenient to the airport and US 22, which is the main highway in the Lehigh Valley. They have a restaurant, pool, and exercise facility, none of which I used, so I can't comment on them. They also have free internet, which worked very well with all three of us using it.

The hotel is very nice from the front, and the lobby is nice as well. The few staff members I dealt with were no problem, except for the 20's clerk who addressed me as "Pal."

The problem began when the clerk told me the elevator was not working because of the renovation. Nice. I always love lugging a heavy suitcase up to the third floor. I was told that the closest door to my room was around the back, stairway B, I believe it was. When we drove around to that doorway, we found that the door lock does not work. Great for security. The dark blue carpet inside that door and up the staircase was dirty from debris that was tracked in. It was not cleaned during our 3 night stay, at least not enough. There were also hundreds of cigarette butts laying in the gutter. It didn't appear to have been swept for several months.

In addition, just outside that back door was a trash can, which was allowed to overflow. Also, when the maids emptied the trash cans in their rooms, the garbage all went into large white bags. Those bags were then dumped alongside the trashcan at the back door, 6-12 large bags.. Sometime during the day they were moved, but each day the same thing happened. It sat out there all day and night. It was moved sometime around 9 AM, but then the dumping began anew. It was especially nice when someone spilled a take-out container of spaghetti with red sauce all over the sidewalk. That sat there all day and night. What a great way to say "Welcome to the Days Hotel."

Additionally, the ice machine on our floor was out of order the entire time we were there. Also, the maid did not replace the toiletries and we ran out of shampoo and conditioner. We had to go to the front desk for replacements.

The furniture in the room was adequate. The carpet was clean. The bathroom was OK, although the water pressure in the shower was terrible.

The ultimate insult was the going away surprise. My wife threw her white nightgown on top of the suitcase, which was sitting on the floor. A few seconds later, a roach ran across it. What a great memory.

Will I stay again? Oh sure (sarcasm intended.)

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor in the main building. That will save you from lugging your suitcases up the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Days Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us. As your host, the feedback you provide allows us to better recognize in what areas we are exceeding expectations and where we are in need of improvement.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience, including that of our elevator, that may have imposed upon your recent stay with us. All renovations are in their final stages, therefore we are looking forward to a fully servicing property in the near future.

In regards to you security and housekeeping concerns, I have notified the appropriate departments and they are being handled accordingly.

I am glad, however, to see that our staff was able to meet your expectations in our guest service communications. All members as a whole are held to a standard of courtesy, respect, and kindness while engaging in all interactions. Although, I must apologize for the single individual who aimed a little below that mark, it was meant with the utmost sincerity and comfort.

We truly hope that during a future visit you will give us the opportunity to rise above this unfortunate experience and therefore provide you with a more comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Front Office Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport
BEST WESTERN Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!