“First floor feels like an old basement”

Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“First floor feels like an old basement”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was my third stay here this year, and the first 2 were ok, though I had to go through very unfinished construction to get to my room (bare uneven floors and plastic sheeting over empty walls. But the room itself was clean and quiet. This time I was put on the first floor. I was told to go outside and back in another entrance. Why? It is midnight and I am alone. I found the first floor and it looked like they don't use much of it (several doors have tape over the key slot) I was across from the laundry room, and was awakened by the staff in the morning, talking loudly to each other right outside my door, though I have the DND sign on my door. Yes the room was clean, and had the basic furnishings. This trip turned me off from this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a remodeled room, not on the first floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Lacia A, Guest Services at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We appreciate your returning to us on several occasions.

We apologize for any inconvenience select members of our staff may have caused your during your recent visit. It has been brought to the attention of the appropriate departments and is being handled accordingly.

We assign rooms based upon availability unless a guest has requested otherwise, therefore we apologize if the room you were given did not meet all expectations you may have had. We encourage all guests to please contact the hotel directly for all booking purposes so that we are better able to accommodate you.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2014

When the property was Sheraton 4 points, it was clean, the service was above expectations. Since Day's Inn. All, I can say is it's a Sheraton want - to- be. Not sure I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Richard B
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize if our services were unable to meet your expectations, however we hope that you will allow us another opportunity during a future visit to the Lehigh Valley area to provide you with a more esteemable stay. We have a lot to offer here at the Days Hotel and seemed to have been less than successful in presenting that to you.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Westbury
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great hotel for a great price! About 10 to 15 minutes from Dorney Park and conveniently located near some pretty good cheap eats. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable and the staff was courteous. I will definitely stay here again!

The only reason this didn't get five stars was because the elevator was broken.

For a family of four (two adults, two kids) I recommend the King Size room, it has a pull out couch. The kids felt like they had their own area, while we felt like we had a pinch privacy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Lacia A, Guest Services at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Days Hotel, and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Our guests feedback helps us to recognize where we are exceeding expectations and where we are in need of improvement.

Our staff as a whole strives to meet a standard of excellence for all guests, each and every stay. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you with a pleasant and enjoyable one. We hope you will continue to consider us for future visits to the Lehigh Valley. We look forward to seeing you again!

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip. The staff were pleasant and kind, but not very efficient. They don't seem to receive much training at this hotel. I went to the fitness center the first night, and half of the equipment is broken. The elliptical has no power, but you can run on it while it is off. The TV on the treadmill doesn't work. The TV in the room doesn't turn up loud enough to be heard over the machines. The water cooler doesn't work. The weights are rusty and far from a complete set. The air conditioner doesn't work so there's no air movement and the room is about 95 degrees and extremely humid.

I went to the front desk and asked them to have someone come fix the air conditioner in the fitness room. No one came. I asked two more times and the following day, while I was finishing my workout, a maintenance man happened to walk through and knew nothing of the request. His response to me was "Oh well the one they used to have in here that worked. Then they got a new one, and this one doesn't work." Then he left. Eventually, he came back with another person and they were able to get it working.

Later that day, I called down to the front desk for an extra two pillows (the rooms only come with 2 pillows per bed). I called three times over the course of 5 hours and FINALLY someone brought me two pillows. The best part was that the pillows didn't have pillow cases on them.

The hotel was clean and a decent price, but the continental breakfast is kind of a joke. If you stay here, expect the staff to be friendly, but don't expect any level of service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Liv_0012
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide some detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate when guests are able to take a moment and let us know about their experience.

Please accept our apologies in regards to the rate at which services were provided to you. By our standard, this is considered unacceptable. We strive to uphold an expedited manner in all guest interaction. We seemed to have fallen short in this area for you, and for that we are deeply apologetic.

We hope that you will take us into further consideration for a future visit to the Lehigh Valley and allow us the opportunity to better serve you.

Staunton, VA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was one of the unlucky ones to be in a room that is not yet remodeled. Why this hotel waited so long to do a makeover is anyone's guess. Where was that money going? Obviously not into the building. Honestly, they should tear it down and start over. Where to start? The hallways are cramped and dingy with ceilings not taller than 6 feet, the fitness center is not air conditioned and the equipment is rusty, the corridors leading out of the building are dirty and worn. My room was smelly and I was afraid to walk on the floors with bare feet. Everything in there was old and worn. Gross. I knew there were no other rooms available in town with Musikfest going on, but I will never come back to this hotel, even after it's "remodeled."

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueRidgeGal
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay here at Days Hotel.

We truly apologize that we seem to have disappointed your during your most recent stay. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that our renovations may have caused.

We hope that you will take us back into considersation in the future and allow us another opportunity to provide you with a more comfortable experience.

Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport
Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!