“Great Value”

Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Allentown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This Hotel was extremely dirty. Leading up to the room the hallways smelled strongly of a combination of mildew and mineral spirits (Glue or paint). The carpets were filthy and had appeared to not been vacuumed in many days. Once inside the room it was even worse, the chair had loose dirt on it, and was covered in semen stains. The bathroom room had been redone recently but had mould in the corner by the tub and long black hairs by the toilet and in the sink. The bedspread was also stained and appears to have been "used" after housekeeping had been through. I went down and asked the manager to come up and see the room for herself, she was somewhat rude and refused but sent the maintenance guy up to look and give me a different room. (The maintenance guy was disgusted by the room as well) The second room they "upgraded" me to was smaller and had a twin bed (I had booked and paid for a king size) and the room was similarly dirty. The only good thing ended up being that they allowed me to cancel the rest of my stay and I was able to find a room at another hotel for the week.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mick L
Alexander T, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 10 November 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for choosing to stay here at the Days Hotel.

We deeply apologize for the unsavory circumstances that were bestowed upon you and your family during your most recent visit with us. The appropriate departments have been notified and such issues are being handled accordingly to ensure it does not occur in the future.
We also apologize for any inconvenience that our current renovations may have imposed upon your stay.

We hope that you will consider us again one day to provide you with a more comfortable and pleasant experience.
Montgomery, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked a 2 bed room to take my 2 grandsons to Dorney Park and I knew that it would not be great, or even that good but, we entered the room and and there was human throw up all over the chair and actual boogers and blood on the curtain. I immediately called the front desk and they said they were sending the maintenaince supervisor, since the cleaning crew was gone for the day. It was 4:30 in the afternoon. He came right away and apologized and confirmed that yep, it was totally disgusting but they had no other rooms available and no one to change the curtains or the chair! He went and got us a sheet to put over the chair and said someone would send someone first thing in the morning. We said well, ok. It stunk so bad! we should not have stayed. But we got up really early and we going to Dorney. On the way out we actually ran into the cleaning crew manager and explained to her that we were leaving already to please get that cleaned up and we would be back late in afternoon. We got back and no one!!! came to our room at all, nothing, not evne the normal, empty the trash, make beds, bring tp, towels, nothing!! esk said, sorry, Wow! I called immediately and the front desk said sorry, but the cleaning staff have gone for the day! all I can say is, I called Expedia, immediately and they sent the same maintenance manager who, again did basically nothing but bring tp! they were sold out of rooms and expedia couldnt get us another hotel so we were paid for 3 nights but left after sleeping there the second night. Never again will we go to a Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nancy M
Lacia A, Guest Services at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, 12 August 2014

Kearney, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband works in the area & stays here,in a 4 week time period they charged our bank account $1,036 had I not seen these mistakes we would have been out that money! The 1st time he pd for 2nights an $88 bill turned into a $295 bill,the 2nd time we were camping in a nearby neighborhood,our account got charged $132 now mind you he was NOT even there,today he pd cash & our account was charged $642.60,I don't know what kind of incompetent people they have running their place,obviously quite a few but come on folks how do you make such a huge mistake! Yes they have corrected the problem,but the mistakes should have never been made in the 1st place,you learn your numbers in kindergarden seriously! Again if I wouldn't have checked our account this hotel would have made out quite nicely & we would have been out that money! So to anyone who stays here I suggest you keep a close eye on your account weither paying by cash or credit card,because they do require a card number for damages if any where to be made to the room! The employees are not the best with numbers!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Plain & simple!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jamie S
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

We apologize for any inconveniece you have have experienced during your check-in process. These issues are being corrected.

We hope to see you again during a future stay,

pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just stayed at the Days Hotel last night. Major disappointment. We paid 99 dollars plus tax and were expecting , well, too much. Our room smelled like mold/mildew. Stains on bedspread and dust ruffle over boxspring. Floor was damp and huge stain next to bed. I was afraid to even guess what it was. We were headed to the Musikfest about ten min away, so asked about a cab, as we'd be drinking and wanted to be responsible. The cab company that the hotel recommended was not great either. The driver didnt speak English. Zip, zero, nada. Hard to explain Musikfest to someone who only speaks Spanish. They do offer a complimentary drink, between 5 and 10 pm. Also, we were told there was breakfast the next morning. Drumroll......breakfast was coffee, toast and days old cantaloupe. Disappointed yet again. Definitely search the area, as there are better deals. Sometimes, you don't get half of what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank boxerluv
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We apologize if our accommodations were insufficient in meeting your expectations.

Our staff as a whole strives to provide each and every guest with a comfortable and pleasant stay from every department. We apologize if we feel short in any of these areas during your stay.

We hope that you will reconsider us again for a future visit to the Lehigh Valley, and allow us the opportunity to better serve you.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was my third stay here this year, and the first 2 were ok, though I had to go through very unfinished construction to get to my room (bare uneven floors and plastic sheeting over empty walls. But the room itself was clean and quiet. This time I was put on the first floor. I was told to go outside and back in another entrance. Why? It is midnight and I am alone. I found the first floor and it looked like they don't use much of it (several doors have tape over the key slot) I was across from the laundry room, and was awakened by the staff in the morning, talking loudly to each other right outside my door, though I have the DND sign on my door. Yes the room was clean, and had the basic furnishings. This trip turned me off from this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a remodeled room, not on the first floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We appreciate your returning to us on several occasions.

We apologize for any inconvenience select members of our staff may have caused your during your recent visit. It has been brought to the attention of the appropriate departments and is being handled accordingly.

We assign rooms based upon availability unless a guest has requested otherwise, therefore we apologize if the room you were given did not meet all expectations you may have had. We encourage all guests to please contact the hotel directly for all booking purposes so that we are better able to accommodate you.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.