“Tomato Pie- Rude Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Tomato Pie Cafe

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Tomato Pie- Rude Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I observed the owner come to one of the outdoor tables of 4 patrons. The owner yelled and humiliated the customers who had eaten there; apparently because they had stayed at their table too long. This was at a time when there were empty tables. After yelling and berating the customers, he intentionally kicked one of their chairs to emphasize his disgust. When one of the patrons followed him inside, he again yelled and said "get out of my restaurant or I will call the police".
I sat near the party for the much of the time when they were there & I saw nothing that they did that would justify this treatment by the owner.

• Visited May 2013

Clarion, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is one of the best pizza places I have ever been too. As far as the other negative reviews I have NO idea what you are talking about. You may not like the place as far as seating room but for pizza it IS one of the best...Period. A place isn't always about the looks. The ingredients taste very fresh and what a nice little gem in that area. Take a bottle of wine, order a pizza and enjoy:)

• Visited May 2012
Wexford
“Funky but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

A small never changing menu with some entrees under $10. Everything is freshly made but it should be: there's very few options and chef will rarely do substitutions. Inside is not very welcoming and cold in the cooler months (closed in winter) but the outside area is very nice. Be prepared to wait an hour for an outside table in summer but BYOB starts while waiting! Salad, share a pizza and get an entree and 4 people will be less than $20 each. We go all the time. No reservations.

• Visited September 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Scrumptious Local Pizza Joint with Lovely Outdoor Seating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

If you live in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, I'm sure that you have passed this little pizza place quite a few times. It is located in North Park, so if you enjoy outdoor recreation, take a run, walk, or bike ride and then stop by for a bite to eat. The ingredients are fresh, since there is an herb garden out back. This is a small, privately owned business, so if you are looking for something generic, quick, and commercial, go elsewhere.

If you can, I recommend eating outside on the patio. I've been here twice and have ordered the same specialty pizza with tomatoes, spinach, basil, and feta each time. I met the owner and he is very down-to-earth and quite comedic. It's important to support small businesses.

I'm not sure why people go out to eat and expect a miracle to be served. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here but gosh, if you're in the area, why not?

• Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Better Places with Better Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

If you are in North Park keep on driving. If you are local there maybe a secret to this place that needs to be shared. There seems to be one experienced waitress that knows everyone and the food arrives in a short period of time, everyone else will wait. We arrived and were told the pizza would take 30-45 minutes. We ordered pasta and expected to get out within an hour. Our mistake was making a take out order of sticks and pizza (small - think 4 slices personal pan). After 30 minutes we asked how were things going, we were told the food was coming. After 45 minutes, we were told our food was just being put on the stove. After 1hour 10 minutes, the take out order and our food arrived. Chalk this up to bad service and a lack of communication from the waitress to the kitchen.
But the food was the real disappointment. Small portions of store bought pasta with canned sauce mixed with some herbs. The price for raviolis (9 small pieces) and tomatoe sauce was $11. One chicken breat breaded with chesse and 12 penne noodles is $12.50.
May be our portions were small because we spoke up about the bad service and wait. The table in front of us with the experienced waitress, ordered salads with grilled chickens, nice size salads. Their meals arrived with 20 minutes of of the order being taken. How do we know 20 minutes, our table started a game of timing the other tables as a form of entertainment.
Pass up this overpriced and less than clean establishment.

• Visited July 2012