“Hampton Inn in Altoona”

Hampton Inn Altoona
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great place to stay. Clean, great accommodations. Staff is very friendly. I also like that Hampton Inns are consistent in the service they provide across the country. You know what you are getting value for your dollar.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay! I am glad to hear that you appreciate the Hampton product and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Altoona Hampton Inn/

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We arrived at a very late check-in time, after a long road trip. We were very happy with the fast service of the welcoming staff at the hotel. The front desk staff were very understanding, and sensitive to our needs to rest. The hotel was clean, neat and had comfortable beds. A very nice hotel overall, I would definitely consider it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thanks for filling out a survey concerning your stay! I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience while checking into the hotel and that you also enjoyed our many amenities. We take pride in striving to offer excellent customer service to our valued customers like yourself.

Thanks again for staying! I hope to see you again on your next trip to Altoona

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The original I was placed in had hair from previous occupants all over the bathroom and bed. The sheets were not cleaned and smelled like they were a week old. The new room the manager placed me in seemed cleaner, but would not trust it was clean after previous experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for letting me know about your stay. I apologize for the state of your guest room while staying with us. I did check into the situation with my housekeeping team and they did address the issue. If you are ever in the area again I hope that you will give us another chance. Please call me directly at the property and I would be glad to upgrade to a complimentary suite.

Best Wishes,

814-312-9100

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Staff was very accommodating, friendly and professional. The hotel location is at the core of the area. It is very easy to move about the area quite easily. The view from the hotel is very pleasing and interesting. GPS does not work for this address. Check paper work from the hotel for more information before you enter the address.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us! I am glad that our staff was able to deliver top notch hospitaly and service to you and your family during your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the area and location of the hotel. We do have a seperate GPS direction listed on our website since our driveway is not an incorporated road, but is our address. Look for these directions before coming on your next trip.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Everything was great with one exception. We expected the room to have a mini fridge, which it did not. To be fair, though, we do not recall whether it was ever represented that there would be a fridge. It may be that we just assumed there would be, as we do not recall ever having a room without a fridge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our property! I apologize for the confusion with the fridge in the room. We do have some rooms in the hotel that have refrigerators in them, as well as suites which have full size kitchen areas. If you are not able to book any of these room types and are in one of our regular rooms, you can request a refrigerator to be put in your room, free of charge. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

I appreciate you staying with us, and hope to you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton in Altoona for one night on our way home from Virginia Beach in mid July.
Everything about it was great.....room, pool, service, staff.....all great!
Added bonus was the sports road house style restaurant/bar/grill shared the same parking lot so we were able to walk over for dinner and a drink after visiting the railroad museum. oh yes, and there is a Cracker Barrel right next store, which my wife was delighted with. We didn't, but if we had wanted to shop, there is a beautiful mall across the street and certainly within walking distance. Glad we chose to stay here.....great value! BTW......breakfast was terrific!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a review....I appreciate that you have a choice in your lodging needs and understand that great amenities and a nice location are important to you and your family needs. I am very happy to hear that enjoyed our breakfast. I hope that you will stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Best Wishes!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Best breakfast. Clean. Idea.l location. can visit many recreational places, shopping centers. Close to restaurants, lots of parking, quiet, safe, pleasant area, wifi access, reserve early, they fill up quick on week-ends, try this place....well worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, as well as the many local attractions in the area.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon....

All the best!