“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The staff was extremely helpful, and curteous. The rooms were very clean and the hot tub and pool were greatly enjoyed. The complimentary breakfast was awesome and this was a great way to top off a great weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay. I appreciate your kind comments and will share them with my team.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed on January 4th and found my stay very nice. However, my work place booked the room on January 7th through Expedia and i ended up with a handicap accessibale room and a small bed. When I stayed on January 4th the room was booked through Hampton and as I said that night was very comfortable. I have stayed there before and I also had good stays. I guess the answer is to not book through Expedia.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us!. I appreciate your business. I am so sorry to hear that you had trouble with a third party booking. We are always available here to take your reservation calls in-house and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Location was great (near shoppping, interstate, restaurants, etc not to mention the welcoming staff and wonderful accomodations. If you are looking for a nice plase ot stay inf ht Altoon area, this would be it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us!, I appreciate your business. I am very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the amenities at the property as well as the many shopping and eating choices in the area.

I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My family spent six nights in the Hampton Inn in Altoona, and my review would be a five except for the hot tub breaking on our second day. It was not repaired for the duration of our trip, and part of our reason for selecting this spot was the hot tub to combat the freezing temperatures. Other than that, and I am not sure the hotel could do anything about the motor burning up in the middle of the holidays, this was a great place to stay as we visited the city we are preparing to move to (The indoor heated pool just wasn't warm enough for me). The staff was very courteous, the rooms were so clean, the beds and pillows so comfortable. The complimentary hot breakfast changed every morning and typically featured an omelet, meat, potatoes, biscuits, bagels and other breads, fresh fruit, juices, etc. The selections of hot tea and coffee were available 24 hours, and I had withdrawals from the robust coffee after leaving :) The local paper was complimentary a couple of days during the week, which enabled us to get info about our new location, but USA Today otherwise was free every day. The location is excellent. A Cracker Barrel (not my cup of tea) is in the parking lot, Champs, a sports grill, was also in the parking lot and was an excellent spot for us to catch bowl games. The Logan Valley Mall was in walking distance, but it was too cold to walk. Easy access to I-99 and so many other things we wanted to see and do.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have queen-size beds, but the full-size ones were adequate for our family.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your business. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our amenities and our hotel. I apologize for the hot tub as the part needed to be ordered and unfortunately it was over the hotel period. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy our continental breakfast.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed 3 nights between Christmas and New Year's at this facility. The hotel staff were all very pleasant. The lobby and breakfast area were recently renovated and have modern Hampton Inn decor. The pool/fitness facilities were nice. We stayed in suite that had a wonderfully quiet heating/AC unit and was recently refreshed with some new furnishings, but the lighting was dim and circa 1980. The sofa bed had clearly seen better years, was bent, and should have been replaced as part of the renovation. On the second and third night my son slept on an air mattress lent to us by our family rather than sleep with Mt. Everest poking him in the back (his words). Also, be forewarned that the walls in this hotel are very, very, thin and seemingly have little to no sound insulation. We were at a quiet end of the hall so this issue was mitigated for us. Overall, it was a fine place to stay, but ask for a recently renovated room away from other guests (to offset the thin walls), check the sofa bed before unpacking, and be prepared to get on your hands and knees to plug in your chargers.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for staying with us, I appreciate the business. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our pool and the amenities. I apologize for the state of the sofa bed. We are going to be starting our guest room renovations in late February which will encompass a complete refresh of the rooms with all new furnishings, furniture, carpeting, draperies as well as a new lighting package. We are very excited to have our guest rooms renovated to match our newly renovated and beautiful lobby area.

I hope that you will come stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 December 2013

The room was very nice, very clean. The pool was "walk-in warm" and the whirlpool was great to work out the tense muscles after a long day of driving. Being next to a mall and right off the freeway could be good, but not at Christmas time. It took about 20 minutes to get off the freeway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at our property! I am very happy that enjoyed using our pool and whirlpool. As we are located directly accross from the mall, the traffic does get very busy at the intersection.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season and best wishes for the new year!

Regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here recently on a business trip…Wonderful property…Great location close to many restaurants and shopping mall. Staff went above and beyond to make my stay a wonderful one, especially Victoria Baker her upbeat personality and willingness to help accommodate my requests made me feel right at home. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts concerning your most recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your business and will make sure to share your kind comments with our front desk manager Victoria Baker.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Best Wishes for a wonderful holiday season!

Jeffrey Cipriani

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altoona
Comfort Suites Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 15 in Altoona
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Altoona

Been to Hampton Inn Altoona? Share your experiences!