Hampton Inn Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$84
Great 4.5/5
Super 8 Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$105
Good 3.5/5
US$109
Great 4.5/5
Days Inn & Suites Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$160
US$144
TownePlace Suites
Great 4.5/5
    All reviewscracker barrelfront deskparking lotsports barchamps sportspool and hot tuboff the highwayi highly recommend this hotelroom was cleanfresh fruitbusiness triprestaurants and shoppinghome away from homefitness centergreat place to stayfree breakfastexcellent stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 September 2008

My fiancé and I had a wedding that we went to on September 13th. It was in Altoona and this hotel was one of the choices. We booked it based on how good Hampton Hotels are. We were not let down. Got to the room and there were no smells. Bathroom was very clean and also the entire room. There was a nice flat screen TV and the temperature in the room was good. Bed had nice linens and also soft and clean. It was a great overall experience and we would definitely stay here again if we needed to. We left early in the AM but saw the free breakfast and it looked really good.

Great Stay! Thanks Hampton Inn Altoona!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 26 August 2008

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times, and it has really gone down hill. What prompted me to write this review, was the fact that my last experience was awful. At 9 am, on a Sat morning, I was awakened by loud housekeepers talking about their personal problems right outside my door. Saturday evening there was a wedding going on, and my room was one that was affected by the noise. The front desk person, was very unhelpful, in fact she was on her cell phone talking and I had to wait to discuss my problem. She basically told me there was nothing she could do because the hotel was sold out. They did refund my night's stay, but I couldn't get to sleep until 2 am, I even spoke to a mananger who was more rude than the front desk person. The pool has gotten old, not maintained well, there was a lot of hair in it. I would say to check at the Marriott Courtyard if you can.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
    2  Thank rheummate
    Reviewed 17 January 2008

We stayed here when my son's baseball team was in the state championship game. They won BTW! It was a typical Hampton Inn. Nice rooms, good free breakfast, and easy highway access. Our friends who have two daughters at Penn State Altoona always stay here.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    1  Thank plumbgal
    Reviewed 1 November 2007

This is an older hotel in Altoona, and it is showing its age. The rugs are wearing out, the walls could use a new coat of paint, and the furniture could use new furniture. The corridors and elevators are hot in the Summer and cold in the Winter. The air conditioners are about 110 decibels when running.
    The people on the staff (with some exceptions) are so busy talking to each other, it's hard to get their attention. And the 'hot' breakfasts are to die for (literally). You can do a lot better by driving a few blocks farther and bypassing this relic.

Stayed: September 2007
    1  Thank Sooothsayer
    Reviewed 20 October 2007

Ok, so I have now been to several hotels in altoona and I am here once again. I still stand by what I said in my last review: that the hotel needs to start thinking about renovations - but they are not there yet.

food was typical for hampton Inn so no complaints.
    service is excellent
    very clean
    internet access and computer in lobby - no fee
    very comfy beds.

This is definetly the place to stay if you are visiting Alttona.

• Stayed: October 2007