“RELAXING AND FUN!!!”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Lanham, United States
“RELAXING AND FUN!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hampton Inn in Altoona PA is perfect!! The rooms are nice and clean, i really like the renovation this hotel had. The location is close to everything, shopping, resturants, and fun places for the family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Denise J,

Thanks for letting me know the details of your stay. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the renovations of our guestrooms and building. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the restaurants, mall and that the hotels location was good for your stay.

We hope to see you again int he not too distant future.

Jeffrey Cipriani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Richardson, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

While my Mom and Dad were recovering at UPMC I stayed at the Hampton In Altoona. Thank goodness I found them. The warmth and friendly attitude I received was Outstanding!! In particular I need to call out Stefani (Assistant GM, I think) and Amber (afternoon to evening front desk). Besides the general quality service these two and especially Stefani, went out of their way to ensure all went well. I was going back and forth to the hospital but didn't worry about things at the hotel, Stefani had it all under control. And Amber sealed the deal by helping me with last minute needs before we left. Thanks again to one and all. Oh and the food was excellent!!

Green Features: They had recycle containers available, which I really appreciate as I am extremely environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Kenneth U,

First let me express that I hope that your parents are fully recovered and that all are now in good health. I know that was probably a very stressful event and my hopes and prayers are with your family.

I am so glad that my team at the front desk was able to make that stressful situation just a little bit more bearable. I will share your kind comments with my entire team.

Best Wishes, and again all the best to your parents!

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent people and an excellent hotel!!Hotel was located right off the highway and helped in finding all the activities we attended. We visited 2 amusement parks and 2 minor league baseball games. The room was always clean and ready when we returned after being out for the day. Desk help was friendly and always willing to help when needed!!

Dear, Christopher M,

Thanks so much for letting me know about your stay. I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and were able to enjoy the many local parks in the area. It sounds like you had a very busy vacation and even got to take in a baseball game.

I am glad to hear that the desk team was there to help you with any and all information that you needed.

Best Wishes for a wonderful rest of your summer!

Bonham, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Been staying here every year for past 4 or 5 years and am totally satisfied. Staff are always very friendly and courteous. Rooms are clean and have everything needed for the stay (coffee pot, iron and board, etc). Good maid service and complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks so much for staying with us! We appreciate our return guests and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenties. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

New Bloomfield, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just recently upgraded facility. Excellent customer service with a close proximity to major highways. We have stayed here for many years, first with our children and now my wife and I. I would highly recommend staying here especially with the complimentary breakfast to get you started in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John M
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your comments concerning your stay. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and many amenities of the hotel.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future, I appreciate your business!

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The staff is simply amazing at this hotel. Everyone I came in contact with throughout my stay with my family was genuinely friendly, accommodating, and just above and beyond with their customer service. Victoria B., the manager, is a stand out, she was so incredibly sweet and helpful with making sure my family was taken care of. I witnessed her with others as well, and although it felt like she was putting us on a pedestal so to speak, she did this with all guests. A+ Service! Tracy at breakfast graciously helped my kids with making waffles & getting them to the table which was a huge help. Even the maintenance guy stopped and talked to my children and asked if they were having a good time. Simply Amazing. The only semi-negative experience I witnessed was when I was re-entering my room the one morning after breakfast Marie was talking to a gentleman employee in the hallway near an employee closet (couldn't see his name) very negatively in my opinion. When she realized I had approached she quickly changed her tone and said good morning to me. Although it was upsetting seeing someone spoke to like that I didn't let it affect my experience with this fantastic property. Although a little more than I would typically spend for a room, the breakfast quality, the cleanliness of the rooms, the staff etc ALL make it WELL worth it. My family and I will most defiantly be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I am so glad to hear that you had a such a wonderful experience while staying at the property. Our Front Desk Manager, Victoria and the rest of the team do a wonderful job and I will share you kind comments with them.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the breakfast and the other amenities at the property.

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The people at this hotel go out of their way to make my business dealings a success. They take care of my every request. I will always come back. They are constantly inquiring as to what else they can do to assist me. They are the best.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad that you and your company continue to stay with us! It is always nice to see someone come back and stay with us time and again. I will share your comments with my team.

Best Wishes and we look forward to seeing you again soon!