“Friendly staff, clean hotel”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Derwood, Maryland, USA
“Friendly staff, clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Your basic Hampton Inn. Not updated with food/refreshment kiosk yet but still nice & clean. Phone at bedside but not on desk. Made it difficult to work with staff when trying to connect with Internet. Connecting with Internet not as easy as at some Hampton Inns. Instructions on the desk would have been helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear JC82010,

I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated property. I am sorry to hear that you had troubles using our wireless internet. There is an information card in the room with the details on how to access our internet. I will get with my housekeeping team to make sure that these cards have been updated and are in every room.

I appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Hampton Inn Altoona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Severna park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am from Altoona and when we come home to visit we always stay at the Hampton Inn. The rooms are relatively clean and the staff is always very helpful. It's in a good central location - easy access to all areas of town.

The women who work the breakfast have a tough job keeping up with that many people in such a small space but they do a great job. They were especially helpful in addressing my concerns with my children's food allergies. I appreciated that!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for sharing the details of your stay. I am so glad to hear that you choose our hotel for your lodging needs when your family visits the Altoona area. Breakfast is busy especially on the weekends with teams and special events like weddings and family reunions. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire breakfast team.

Best Wishes,

Lanham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hampton Inn in Altoona PA is perfect!! The rooms are nice and clean, i really like the renovation this hotel had. The location is close to everything, shopping, resturants, and fun places for the family.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Denise J,

Thanks for letting me know the details of your stay. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the renovations of our guestrooms and building. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the restaurants, mall and that the hotels location was good for your stay.

We hope to see you again int he not too distant future.

Richardson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

While my Mom and Dad were recovering at UPMC I stayed at the Hampton In Altoona. Thank goodness I found them. The warmth and friendly attitude I received was Outstanding!! In particular I need to call out Stefani (Assistant GM, I think) and Amber (afternoon to evening front desk). Besides the general quality service these two and especially Stefani, went out of their way to ensure all went well. I was going back and forth to the hospital but didn't worry about things at the hotel, Stefani had it all under control. And Amber sealed the deal by helping me with last minute needs before we left. Thanks again to one and all. Oh and the food was excellent!!

Green Features: They had recycle containers available, which I really appreciate as I am extremely environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Kenneth U,

First let me express that I hope that your parents are fully recovered and that all are now in good health. I know that was probably a very stressful event and my hopes and prayers are with your family.

I am so glad that my team at the front desk was able to make that stressful situation just a little bit more bearable. I will share your kind comments with my entire team.

Best Wishes, and again all the best to your parents!

Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent people and an excellent hotel!!Hotel was located right off the highway and helped in finding all the activities we attended. We visited 2 amusement parks and 2 minor league baseball games. The room was always clean and ready when we returned after being out for the day. Desk help was friendly and always willing to help when needed!!

Dear, Christopher M,

Thanks so much for letting me know about your stay. I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and were able to enjoy the many local parks in the area. It sounds like you had a very busy vacation and even got to take in a baseball game.

I am glad to hear that the desk team was there to help you with any and all information that you needed.

Best Wishes for a wonderful rest of your summer!

Bonham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Been staying here every year for past 4 or 5 years and am totally satisfied. Staff are always very friendly and courteous. Rooms are clean and have everything needed for the stay (coffee pot, iron and board, etc). Good maid service and complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks so much for staying with us! We appreciate our return guests and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenties. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

New Bloomfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just recently upgraded facility. Excellent customer service with a close proximity to major highways. We have stayed here for many years, first with our children and now my wife and I. I would highly recommend staying here especially with the complimentary breakfast to get you started in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John M
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your comments concerning your stay. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and many amenities of the hotel.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future, I appreciate your business!