“Excellent choice for Altoona-Horsheshoe curve”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Cleveland
“Excellent choice for Altoona-Horsheshoe curve”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We spent 2 nights here in August 2014 during our trip to the Horseshoe Curve. Altoona only had a few hotels to choose from. We stayed in a King bedded suite. It had a separate living area.
Check in: Easy and friendly staff
Room: Ample size (probably 450-500 sq feet). It had a separate living room with sofa bed, fire place, 4 person/chair table, kitchen with full sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher and dishes.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. It had a bathroom bigger than standard room.
The hotel was quiet.
There was an indoor pool and hot tub. The pool area was clean with plenty of chairs and towels. The pool water was warm.
Continental breakfast is included. It was good. The eating area was clean and the attendants were friendly.

The hotel is located near several restaurants, a mall, and stores. It is only about a 10 drive to Horseshoe Curve.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear imcclain,

I appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your stay. I am glad that you had a wonderful trip exploring the beautiful Horsehoe Curve with your family. That site is especially nice on these late summer days, great time to visit.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the size and amenities of our executive suite, and that the room was clean and comfortable for you and your family. Its great that you had time to spend at the pool and that the water was a comfortable temperature.

I hope that your travels will bring you back in the future and that your stay will be just as nice.

Safe Travels,

Hampton Inn Altoona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Altoona, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Excellent hotel. Comfortable and the staff were very pleasant. Modern room and close to many stores across the street. There are two fine restaurants in their parking lot which made the stay very convenient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Timothy C,

Thanks very much for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our renovated guestrooms and that the location worked for your needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Kindest Regards,

Ciudad Guayana, Venezuela
Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a great hotel !! Very clean and huge rooms. Clean bathrooms and very confortable beds. Cozy lobby. The great location made my stay easier. Suculent breakfast, but nothing compares to the high quality staff the hotel has. All of them are very helpfull and friendly, always with a smile and a "Hi!!" that could bring a smile to the saddest person on earth. If I ever go back to Altoona that would defenitly be the option I`d take.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Daniel C,

Thanks for sharing the details of your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our your guestroom and appreciated the large bathrooms and our cloud 9 bedding. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our on the house hot breakfast. I will share your kind comments concerning the service with my team members. Our jobs are to try and make our guests feel at home when staying with us, and I am glad to know that in this situation the team suceeded.

Best wishes!

Derwood, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Your basic Hampton Inn. Not updated with food/refreshment kiosk yet but still nice & clean. Phone at bedside but not on desk. Made it difficult to work with staff when trying to connect with Internet. Connecting with Internet not as easy as at some Hampton Inns. Instructions on the desk would have been helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear JC82010,

I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated property. I am sorry to hear that you had troubles using our wireless internet. There is an information card in the room with the details on how to access our internet. I will get with my housekeeping team to make sure that these cards have been updated and are in every room.

I appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Regards,

Severna park
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am from Altoona and when we come home to visit we always stay at the Hampton Inn. The rooms are relatively clean and the staff is always very helpful. It's in a good central location - easy access to all areas of town.

The women who work the breakfast have a tough job keeping up with that many people in such a small space but they do a great job. They were especially helpful in addressing my concerns with my children's food allergies. I appreciated that!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for sharing the details of your stay. I am so glad to hear that you choose our hotel for your lodging needs when your family visits the Altoona area. Breakfast is busy especially on the weekends with teams and special events like weddings and family reunions. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the entire breakfast team.

Best Wishes,

Lanham, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hampton Inn in Altoona PA is perfect!! The rooms are nice and clean, i really like the renovation this hotel had. The location is close to everything, shopping, resturants, and fun places for the family.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Denise J,

Thanks for letting me know the details of your stay. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the renovations of our guestrooms and building. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the restaurants, mall and that the hotels location was good for your stay.

We hope to see you again int he not too distant future.

Regards,

Richardson, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

While my Mom and Dad were recovering at UPMC I stayed at the Hampton In Altoona. Thank goodness I found them. The warmth and friendly attitude I received was Outstanding!! In particular I need to call out Stefani (Assistant GM, I think) and Amber (afternoon to evening front desk). Besides the general quality service these two and especially Stefani, went out of their way to ensure all went well. I was going back and forth to the hospital but didn't worry about things at the hotel, Stefani had it all under control. And Amber sealed the deal by helping me with last minute needs before we left. Thanks again to one and all. Oh and the food was excellent!!

Green Features: They had recycle containers available, which I really appreciate as I am extremely environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Kenneth U,

First let me express that I hope that your parents are fully recovered and that all are now in good health. I know that was probably a very stressful event and my hopes and prayers are with your family.

I am so glad that my team at the front desk was able to make that stressful situation just a little bit more bearable. I will share your kind comments with my entire team.

Best Wishes, and again all the best to your parents!