“Hampton Inn Altoona - Again!”

Hampton Inn Altoona
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Northeast
“Hampton Inn Altoona - Again!”
Reviewed 30 April 2007

This was my second trip to the Hampton Inn Altoona. This time the hotel seemed a little dirtier to me, maybe it was just the room, or the fact we had just come from a newer Hapton Inn in Easton, PA.

The hotel is serviceable however, I will probably continue to stay here on my business trips to Altoona. the location is convenient and the breakfast spread makes thing easier in the morning.

Plus the staff is helpful, I've experienced no problems checking in / out.

I would recommened to business travelers without a doubt.

We booked through expedia and paid $82.00 per night.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — Cleanliness was questionable
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cheetahlip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 6 August 2006

We stayed in a suite at this hotel for 1 night in the latter part of July 2006. It was clean, spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated. Everything was in working order with the exception of one burned out light bulb that was quickly remedied by hotel staff. I love the fact that they've converted to the flourescent bulbs which conserve energy and do not put out as much heat.

The beds were very comfortable as are most beds in Hampton Inn's now. Check-in was quick and efficient and front desk staff were more than willing to provide directions and maps.

The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had at small hotels where breakfast is included. There was a very large variety and everything was fresh.

I read the previous reviews, several of which were written about 2 years. It's obvious the hotel has worked on any problems they may have had previously, as we had no complaints and I'm quick to complain if needed.

One caution, however. The directions to the hotel via Map Quest are incorrect and send you all over downtown eventually getting one LOST. Hotel staff said they had been trying for several years trying to get the problem corrected but Map Quest will simply not recognize that 180 Charlotte Drive exists in Altoona.
So call the hotel for directions... the hotel is very close to the Interstate and has easy access.

I think this hotel is a little gem in a small town.

• Liked — Spaciousness, decor, comfort
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank Zell
Reviewed 18 October 2004

Last December (2003) my husband and I reserved a block of rooms at the Altoona Hampton Inn for our wedding guests. From the planning stages to the day we checked out, the staff was courteous, professional, and extremely helpful. The rooms were very reasonable, the breakfasts were substantial, and the decor was very nice. My husband and I stayed in one of the whirlpool suites, which was a treat! I highly recommend the Altoona Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2003
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 April 2004

Best Hotel in terms of consistency of service. Standard amenities but
lacks HS internet in room. If you are looking for a hotel with helpful
staff this is the place to stay. I have been to most of the others due
to soldout nights and this is by far the best.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 March 2004

Was planning on staying for over 30 days on business with my staff of five. Hotel cxled CNN and put in another home shopping channel and added Fox News. When asking about at the front counter the manager was abrupt and rude so I moved myself and my staff to the Holiday Inn(which I do recommend).

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member