“Overnight stay”
Review of Super 8 Altoona

Super 8 Altoona
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Altoona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We needed a place to stay in Altoona after enjoying the Altoona Curve baseball game. We chose the super 8 based on the great reviews posted here and I have to say that we were a little disappointed.
The room was good, the hallways smelled of smoke but the rooms were fine - odourwise. The room wasn't particularly quiet, I think the fella in the room above us doing aerobic exercises at 1am, we heard every move and thump. The breakfast was basic - nothing special.
I guess we were expecting more than just the standard run of the mill Super 8 experience.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor. There is no elevator, but climbing the two flights of stairs is worth...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Yes nice for a Super 8 one of the Best I have stayed in! Make sure and get a no smoking room!! Need to make a reservation in advance they fill up fast!! You will see why- The price best in Town, Clean, T.V. decent Internet connection good! David at the front desk was super helped in everyway he could!! Made my stay a little more enjoyable!!

Room Tip: Book your room in advance they fill up fast!! The reason- Good rates, clean and just not over charge...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

After receiving a letter of apology from the Super 8 today, I feel compelled to amend my previous review. The manager had already credited my account further due to issues with the shower during our stay. I was unaware of this when I issued my first review. This hotel may have some issues, but the manager made an effort to satisfy the customer and I can't complain about that.

Stayed April 2014
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night with my family. The room was decent, except for a very dirty desk chair. Woke the next morning, took a shower, but the drain was very slow. The next person to shower found black stuff from the drain all over the tub. I notified front desk, but there was no one available to fix it. So no one else in my family used the shower, and they only took $10.00 off my bill. Won't be back.

Stayed March 2014
Travellers also viewed these Altoona hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
Comfort Suites Altoona
Comfort Suites Altoona
#2 of 15 in Altoona
Days Inn & Suites Altoona

Been to Super 8 Altoona? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Altoona

Property: Super 8 Altoona
Address: 3535 Fairway Dr, Altoona, PA 16602-4479
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Altoona
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Altoona 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 Altoona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Altoona Hotel Altoona