“Best Food and Atmosphere around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Capri

Villa Capri
Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Villa Capri carries on a tradition of authentic, homemade Italian specialties known to its neighboorhod. Owner and chef Vinnie Scolaro offers a full menu for lunch and dinner, preparing all of his meals with fresh ingredients from scratch. From seafood to eggplant to pasta to his famous sauce, there is something for everyone. The large dining room is perfect for family gatherings, holidays, and special occassions, with party options like family-style dining and buffets available. Guests enjoy live music on many weekends throughout the year, a complimentary glass of wine or bottle of beer, and the option to bring your own! Our two dining rooms accommodate 125 people; be sure to make reservations if you are planning to visit on the weekend. Parking is available in our lot and the building is wheelchair accessible.
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
“Best Food and Atmosphere around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Best Place around to eat! Atmosphere is excellent ! A must for anyone looking for great Italian food with a wonderful staff!

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“First visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

It was our first dining experience at Villa Capri. On a Friday night, we were pleasantly greeted with Lisa as our server. The atmosphere was great. The food was absolutely delicious with very generous portions. My husbands lasagna was fantastic and the largest piece I ever saw served in a restaurant. I had the chicken parmagiana on a bed of spaghetti with the most amazingly tasty sauce. The portion was so large that I ate it for lunch two days in a row. Our daughter ordered the chicken fettuccine Alfredo that lasted for a few meals also. The wedding soup and tortellini soup was full of flavor. My husband and I were offered a complimentary glass of wine with our entree. For dessert, the chocolate cake with peanut butter icing was by far the best cake I ever ate. The coconut cream pie was also delicious. For the amount of food we received, which included soup or salad and butter-garlic dinner rolls, our bill was so affordable. I would highly recommend eating at this restaurant if you want to enjoy an incredible meal. We will definitely make Villa Capri one of our "go to" restaurants. Three very satisfied customers!!

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best Italian restaurants in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Villa Capri had the best Italian food I've ever tasted. The manager Lisa came to our table and personally assured we were being taken care of. The entire staff was extremely polite, courteous, and professional. I highly recommend that if you haven't dined here, you're missing out!

• Visited May 2014
“Best food in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Authentic Italian plates. Authentic Italian atmosphere. Amazing Alfredo sauce!!! Worth the drive from state college if you're looking to enjoy an incredible meal.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“BYO”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I have been here several times. We love the fact that you can bring your own alcohol to have with your meal. We enjoy the atmosphere and find the chef, Vincenzo to be an authentic part of the Villa Capri experience. Every time we've been there he's come to talk with us and the rest of the customers as well, to make sure everything was as it should be.
We will be going back for sure.