“Clean & Comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Altoona
“Clean & Comfortable”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I always enjoy staying at this hotel chain. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. the service was helpful and the breakfast was just enough. will certainly return to this hotel when traveling in that area again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jodie Z, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay at our property. We appreciate your feedback and it will serve as encouragement for our entire staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Comfort Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Montgomery County, PA
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I selected this location based in part on Trip Advisor reviews. They proved accurate again. We had a very nice,albeit short, stay in this Comfort Suites Hotel. When i approached it I was a little concerned due to its isolation from stores, restaurants and other commercial venues. But, they were only a short drive south on 99 or business 220 (??).

Staff in the hotel were very courteous and efficient. Public areas of hotel were very clean and well kept. Our room was also. Rooms were a nice size and included a refrigerator, microwave and Kurig coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable . . . there was a nice sitting area in the room. I appreciated the pull out computer shelf on the desk.

I saw the exercise area and pool but did not have the opportunity to use either. If I had been here two nights, I likely would have used them.

This a hotel that I would use again and recommend to others. Good job.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JEDMAD_9
Jodie Z, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Jodie L. Zembower
Comfort Suites Altoona
814-942-2600
Fairfax County, Virginia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have stayed here numerous times since it opened over the past 3 years. Several miles out from the city but easy access to the area via I-99 or US-220. Always enjoyed outstanding service from the entire staff. The rooms are always well maintained, very clean and enjoyable. 24 hour coffee, tea or Hot Chocolate available along with a nice Breakfast presentation. Small swimming pool & fitness room, security is maintained by card access @ night. Highly recommend this facility if your staying in the area.

Room Tip: Being off the beaten path, away from the Interstate 99 & US-220, there is no road noise. Any of...
1 Thank uss-tanner
Jodie Z, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay. We are so glad to hear that we are your preferred hotel in the Altoona area. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you also for being a loyal customer and friend. We look forward to your visiting us again the near future.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was beautiful and spacious and the view of the mountains was breathtaking. The hotel was more updated and nicer than most Comfort Suites. There was a very annoying extended family staying while we were there and they yelled down hallways at one another and laughed loudly nearly all night. We were awakened several times by the noise. It did seem to be an isolated incident. If so, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. The weekend that you stayed with us was very busy and I would like to apologize for any disruption that you experienced. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Was in town for a memorial service.. First time in Altoona. The Comfort Inn Suites were lovely. Roomy & clean. Only complaint is that the room doors are very close.. I thought someone knocking on another door was knocking on mine.. staff very helpful....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

highwayman935
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had to travel to Altoona on a recent business meeting. The meeting was held at the Holiday Inn Express but I don’t like to take any chances when it comes to lodging so I elected to stay at the Comfort Suites as I’ve never had a problem with any of their hotels. Again, I wasn’t disappointed.

The hotel itself is located conveniently between Route 220 and I-99 which was a straight shot to both downtown and to the Holiday Inn Express, where our meeting was held. It is also located just far enough away from any noise.

This particular hotel is independently owned and operated which may be part of the reason it was so clean and well kept. The staff was friendly upon check in and I had my room key within two minutes of walking in the door. This may not sound too impressive but considering I didn’t check in until after 11PM on the first night, I found the night staff to be far above the mark of many other hotels where I’ve stayed.

There is a small swimming pool w/ handicap access and the pool is very rarely ever in use. Towels appeared to be stocked and safety equipment was close by.
There is also a small exercise room with two or three different cardio machines and a T.V. Again, the towels were stocked.

I didn’t get a chance to look at any of the meeting rooms.

THIS PLACE HAD THE BEST BED I’VE EVER SLEPT ON. I’ve never been able to sleep on my back… I slept on my back and woke up feeling like a million bucks!

Also… there is a charging station for all your USB devices located on the desk in the room. Very nifty – I’m now thinking about installing one of those things at the office!

The breakfast was okay. I’ve had better from CS hotels. Sausage, egg, egg/cheese omelets, bagels, doughnuts, muffins, cheese, waffles, yogurt, fruit, juices, etc. I was a little disappointed that they didn’t have any sausage gravy ( I know, I’m picky), but I made myself two breakfast sandwiches and everything was dandy.

Some great things to do in Altoona:

Go to an Altoona Curves Baseball Game!!! Tickets were paid for by the host of our meeting and we had tickets to the picnic area. Two hours of great chicken, ribs, hot dawgs, hamburgers, and refreshments along with all the fixings. While I didn’t pay for this trip to the ballpark, I will in the future! The game was great, the beer was cold, and the food was pretty good too. The staff at the park was awesome!

I also visited Lakemont Park – just so I could ride the wooden rollercoaster. Seriously, they had a weekend package for 5$ to ride all day long. I’d say that was a pretty good deal. The attractions are more like a permanent carnival ground but they also have putt-putt golf, some water attractions, and go-karts. I can honestly say I had fun (and I didn’t realize those carnival rides would impact me the way they did). I was there 20 years ago… 20 years later… the vertigo nearly took over!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank highwayman935
Thank you for your kind words of praise regarding your recent stay at our property. We are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts. We do rotate our breakfast selections and sausage gravy is one of them. Please don't hesitate to request it on your next stay. We hope to serve you again and look forward to your next visit.

Bruin, PA
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during a trip visiting DelGrosso Park. The location is nice and quiet and very clean. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was average. The pool area needs some work, even being new. The drywall is separating on the ceiling. But overall, it was a great experience here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank japrice
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. We are pleased to hear that you found our location convenient and clean. As for our pool area, we are currently in the process of repairs. We appreciate your feedback and we hope we get another opportunity to serve you.