“Dinner for two”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Food atmosphere was excellent
Celebrated our birthdays since they see a week apart
Food prepared excellently we tried something new for us and the quality and taste were superb
We always are stuffed when we leave but took our deserts home
Later that night they were wonderful to have
Service was excellent and the total experience exceeded our expectations

2  Thank Larrysavino

Reviewed 12 April 2014

One of the greatest places to eat. My wife and I eat here 3-4 times a month we love it.Food is always great and the service is excellent. Anyone looking for a great place to eat I will always recommend this place. Hands down one of the best places in Altoona.

1  Thank blah317884
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have eaten at this place before and it was good. No better than the Allegro, but better than the Olive Garden. The last time I was there was and will be the last time I was there. After winning a gift certificate from a local radio station for $25, my wife and I went to Finelli's for dinner. When we told the owner that we won the certificate, he said we should check to make sure it's good for the weekend, as if he had no idea! HE'S THE OWNER for crying out loud! Well sure enough and to our surprise, the fine print did say the certificate was good only Monday through Thursday. Now, if you've ever been to Finelli's, you know that $25 would have been about a quarter of what we would have spent for a meal. So, with the owner demonstrating the kind of customer service we could expect, we left vowing never to return again. He could have honored the certificate but chose not to.
By the way, there was only one other couple in the restaurant that night. Oh, and we did use the certificate the following week - for take out and spent $24.99.

2  Thank markperehinec
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A group of friends and I went into Finellis to celebrate our friends birthday. They treated us like family. Even the other customers were friendly and complemented us on how good are children were. The food was amazing!!! Best I have ever had around here ever!! Service was top notch and Mrs Finelli was amazing!! Definitly a place to visit for an every day dinner or special occasion.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Outstanding food. Finest restaurant in Altoona. Varied menu and has several choices for the value conscious diner also. Reminds you of the typical old style, family-owned restaurant in New York City located in a residential area of town. Can't go wrong with this one.

1  Thank Rick S