“Unexpected Altoona Stay”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected Altoona Stay”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My mother broke her hip in a fall and we were several hundred miles from home. As she was convalescing at the hospital waiting and waitin and waiting for her hip replacement we tried your place and absolutely loved it. Thank you for helping us in this time of need.

1 Thank Brancine

Parkland, Florida, United States
“Best restaurant in Altoona PA Awesome”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant , the food is the best, I've never been disappointed , it is just delightful ! Best kept secret in Altoona ! Every year while we r in Altoona we have a Xmas party in September (we r not here most of the year, we live in florida) for about 22 people and I must tell you the best service and food, it's just amazing, our friends so look forward to this dinner every year! Thank you, Tony and the entire staff at Finelli's for a most amazing dinner! I love this place! I eat there once a week while I'm in Altoona , so wish they were in florida!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dottie R
San Diego, California
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We are in Altoona for a family reunion and were recommended to Finelli's. Wonderful, homey atmosphere and exceptional staff. Owners Frank and Jeanne, daughter Amigh and chef son Tony were warm and welcoming. Our server Jamie was professional and fun, which was perfect for our group. Very good wine list. The food was exceptional and the dessert tray (Jeanne's specialty) was decadent. We ordered two to share and it was heavenly! Frank came out and sat with us to tell stories and memories of Altoona which was perfect since our family has a history in this town. One of the best meals I've had, can't say enough. I highly recommend Finelli's if you are in the Altoona area!

2 Thank Donna C
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely great fine dining”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

One of the best restaurants in the area. When my parents ask me where I want to go on a special occasion, this is the place I choose. I have never had a bad meal here. My father had a filet minon steak that he said was one of the, if not THE best steak he has ever had. I now tell people to get me gift certificates to the restaurant, instead of gifts or money. Mrs Finelli always goes around and greets people. Just an excellent atmosphere and restaurant. It may be the best place I have ever been to.

• Visited May 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great food, great atmosphere. The chicken parm is the best I have ever had. And the homemade desserts are out of this world!

1 Thank Lickteig65