“A good stay...”
Review of Courtyard Altoona

Courtyard Altoona
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed here for one night on a weekend. This hotel is pretty convenient to I-99. I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn in Altoona before and the Courtyard is definitely located in a better area of the city. In all, the quality is what you would expect of a Courtyard hotel. I purchased the room through Priceline and the gentleman checking me in mentioned this in a bit of a condescending way. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Each room had a small patio with a (working) sliding glass door which was a nice touch. We had the buffet breakfast in the dining room which was just OK – again, no better or worse than what you would expect. Our server was very friendly and attentive. No video/in-room checkout option was available, but checkout at the desk was quick and easy. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2011

This property is located on the edge of town, away from the noise. Plenty of shopping and food options right around the block. The staff was so friendly and the location is very quiet, no noise issues at all. Will be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I would recommend this place to anyone! My husband and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend 2010, we were going to Penns Caves and wanted to stay somewhere "NICE" in the area because it was our one year anniversary. The first jacuzzi suite smelled of smoke (and it IS an NON smoking hotel) we complained right away, brought management and housekeeping into the room, and they immediately apologized and set us up in another jacuzzi suite room. It was clean, comfortable, and on the lobby floor...so we had NO STEPS or elevator to go on, it was near the pool and laundry. The staff was VERY FRIENDLY to us, and we were very VERY happy with our stay. I try to get a room at this hotel when we are in the ALTOONA area, but to get a jacuzzi suite for just one night, it is HARD to get. We just go elsewhere when we are in the area that has jacuzzi's in the room. We will be back....sometime again, but don't know when. I would go back FOR SURE!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jacuzziqueen666
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My husband and I flew in from Texas to visit our Son and his family in Altoona. We got a room on the 4th floor with a view. Make sure you ask for one!. The balcony is little but enough room for 2 chairs and a little table. Weather was great! Nice can cool. Great view at Night! Room was very nice and clean. I had to work a little while I was there and the free internet connection was great. Had a nice desk. Nice 32in TV. Nice sofa to watch TV at night. The sofa did have a pull out bed if you need it for kiddos or if you are sharing with one other adult. King Bed was nice and cozy. Other reviews did mention has the bathroom sink was out side the shower and toilet but that didn't bother us. It reminded me of my first house back in the 1979. Hee.hee.. We did use the indoor pool and jacuzzi - very very clean. Plenty of Towels for you to use. The exercize room was very nice and clean also. The hotel offer 2 newspapers everyday for free nice touch. Free Coffee in the lobby. In the evenings there were always plenty of folks enjoying the TV and the bar. They have little mini snack shop where you can buy snacks another other items to eat. This hotel does NOT provide free continental breakfast. So we always just went out to eat at local eateries....for breakfast. I can't say enough good things. The only bad thing was .......I left my travel laptop bag in the room. I noticed it was not in my backpack when I was at the airport. I call the hotel and they said that housekeeping did not turn in any black bag. I know I left it there. Luckliy it was just the bag with a file folder in it. Oh Well. Mark-See-Move On. This will be our go to place each time we travel back to Altoona. We travel to Altoona about 3 times a year.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor with a view of the hills!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
KellyAnn88, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Thanks Dpal for writing about you and your husband’s experience with us while visiting your son. I am glad you had an enjoyable visit with nice weather and you avoided the storms! Our team works hard to help you feel right at home, from free newspapers to extra towels, and I will be sharing all of your comments. I am sorry that we were unable to locate your missing laptop bag and I will check with the front desk to see if it has been returned. Thank you again for your review and for posting pictures of your room! I look forward to seeing you and your husband again, when you visit your son.

Yours truly,
Katie Millward, General Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2011

My wife and I were there to attend her employee appreciation dinner 2/12/11 at convention center next door. The room was booked weeks in advance, reservation promised a 3:00PM check in, got to Altoona earlier in the day and toured around Altoona . Then we went to the hotel at 3:45PM and was told the room was NOT ready and we had to wait at least an hour. The dinner began at 5:00PM, which we could not prepare for because we didn't get our room until 5:35PM. So neither of us could relax, shower, press a shirt or slacks to be fresh for the event. So we put nice clean clothes over a days perspiration and we went over to the dinner, when we got there the company president is addressing the empoyees while my wife and I are milling about the seated crowd of 500 people. What an embarassment, and all the Courtyard desk staff could say when we complained is "I understand", talk is cheap and one thing travellers should understand is if you are needing a room in Altoona, PA to attend an event that has a timetable DON'T STAY HERE you might be late and possibly BO!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rasputin60
Reviewed 14 February 2011

yes, you are in Altoona, but away from all of the traffic...very nice mountain view with a patio.. something you don't usually get unless you're at a beach... heard the spring birds in the morning... they say Barn Swallows nest nearby..
Hotel staff was very courteous. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable... I just don't like that the sink area is away from the toilet...
Breakfast was offered, but we slept late instead.. many restaurants nearby..
went to the famous U.S. Hotel for Valentine's dinner.. just a few minutes away in Hollidaysburg, off of Route 36...
We came here last year for a quick get away...will return next year

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
KellyAnn88, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

Dear Nanaiscool,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your patio view of the area! There are many beautiful sites, and I look forward to see you again.

Truly yours,
Katie Millward, General Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2011

Both the management and staff at this hotel are so friendly and customer service oriented that it feels like you are staying at a home not a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business