Courtyard Altoona
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Super 8 Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$154
US$98
US$75
US$73
ComfortSuites
US$138
Quality Inn & Suites(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$74
Priceline
US$73
  • Pool
Days Inn & Suites Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
Priceline
US$121
US$109
US$81
TripAdvisor
All reviewsconvention centermarriott standardsfront deskstarbucks coffeeblair countycomfortable bedsbusiness travelthe general managerroom was spotlessstayed nightswould stay againstaff was friendlyparking lotbistroevahousekeepingbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2012

First off, they are under construction and will be for the next 6 weeks. For the trouble, they are offering free breakfast and cocktails, but to be honest, I would prefer telling us before we booked and giving a discount on the rooms.

Some staff are friendly, others obviously did not want to be there. Desk clerk told us the hotel was completely filled but Marriott.com still had rooms available (hate being lied to).

Could here everything in next room. Morning shower went cold then was Luke warm. Breakfast tasted terrible. Maid left plate with food in the room (what else was dirty?).

This place gets away with this stuff as it is the only Marriott in Altoona. Next time, State College.

I hear the comfort suitesnis nice here.

• Stayed: January 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Intermanus,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the current renovations during your stay. Positive and negative feedback keeps us accountable and working to be the best and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to note that our front desk has the most accurate information of room availability especially during renovations. I will be discussing all your comments with my team during or next weekly meeting. I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Courtyard in the future.

Best regards,
Katie Millward

Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed at this Courtyard over the Christmas holiday while visiting family in the area. We had requested and early check in and our room was ready by noon.
The hotel is undergoing some renovations, but in no way did it interupt our stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff are all friendly. We have stayed at this hotel at least 3 times in the past and will continue to do so when in the area. The best in Altoona. We did not eat at the breakfast buffet. It was 6.95 per person. We always go about a half mile up the road to Kings Family rest. Great breakfasts!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thanks Brian03,

We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!

Yours truly,
Katie Millward, General Manager

Reviewed 26 December 2011

I always stay at the Courtyard, whether traveling on business or to see my family. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, as they have helped me numerous times. Just recently, I stayed with my husband and children while visiting family in the area. You don't even realize there is a renovation happening! I am very excited to see the new spaces when it is complete. I definately recommend the Courtyard brand to all my friends and collegues and especially the Altoona Courtyard when I know of a coworker traveling to this area. It's a beautiful area all year round and I look forward to going back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2011

If you are working in Altoona, this is your only Marriott property option. This hotel is lame. The staff sucks and the rooms lack maintenance. The furniture is tired and the plumbing leaks. The elevators are slow. The staff doesn't recognize Marriott rewards guests until they are informed of their error. They seem to forget to read the profiles. Mine clearly states high floor, king, no handicap and away from elevator. I was placed in a king room near the elevator. This week I made a list of problems in my room and handed it to the staff to have repaired. Bathtub fills up while showering, lamp bulbs out, TV stations snow, and lack of hot water from shower. The repair were done but the staff seemed to be bothered by my requests. I have to ben back in Altoona next week and will stay here one more time. If things continue to go bad next week, I'll request some points. Anyway, if you can afford to drive 45 minutes you may want to stay in State College area. I am considering it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2011

There are so many great things I can say about this hotel, staff, location, service... Everything was amazing and top notch! The front desk staff was the greatest! The maid was so nice. It is located feet away from the Convention Center, I wasn't going there but prime location if you need to. Plenty of parking. Beautiful view in the morning! Ask for a balcony, plenty of room to host people. The pool was great, plenty of room to have friends sit around and chill. The courtyard outside was pretty. For people like me and my bands, there was plenty of room up the small hill in the Convention Center parking lot for tour buses. So bands, don't let that stop you from staying here.If you want quality service, staff, comfortableness, and price. STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Balcony Room... Can host more people if traveling with friends or family.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

Thanks so much DaveNthe804 for your nice review and recommendation! I am glad you and your band found our accommodations met and exceeded your needs. I am fortunate to have a great team that truly cares about offering great service. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Altoona area.

Best regards,