“Exceptional”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The courtyard marriott was a gem to find. It was a newer hotel. Clean, rooms were clean, and a very convenient place to Del Grosso Park and horseshoe curve. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. By the way. This hotel sells Del Grosso park tickets at a discount. Great for families

Stayed June 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear G650traveler,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Courtyard Altoona. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.
Best,
Katie Millward, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Decent hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the decor in the lobby. The room was pretty standard....no special features, but it was absolutely fine for 1 night. The room was extremely clean and quiet, which was appreciated.

Dear Britt314,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Altoona. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while on business, and we’re glad you enjoyed your visits. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our clean hotel, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Best,
Katie Millward
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Courtyard Altoona is a very good, typical Courtyard by Marriott. Nice, updated lobby with a small restaurant for meals (and a mini Starbucks and a small bar). Rooms, bathrooms are comfortable and clean. Good location if just passing thru (as we were) or if staying a while. Any outside restaurants will require a car to get to. Probably very busy when there is a convention next door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dave E,
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Courtyard while passing through Altoona. We appreciate you staying with us and are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We hope you will return so that we can host you again soon.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a nice hotel. After a long day, it was a very relaxing place to call home for the evening. My room was the quietest room I have ever had. The bed was comfortable and I had plenty pillows. However, there were a few glitches:

1. WiFi didn't work. Guest services said it was a known issue that night and I needed to call tech support. That resolved the problem for about an hour, at which point I lost the connection again. Never did get it back. The device works fine now, so it wasn't me.

2. Breakfast. When I checked in, the desk clerk said the bistro was open until whenever that night and then told me the hours for breakfast. Whenever a desk clerk has told me the hours for breakfast in the past, whatever the motel/hotel chain, it has been understood that this was complimentary breakfast. Naturally, I was surprised to find out the next morning that, no, it was not part of my room rate. The person taking my order told me he gets this a lot. By contrast, other lesser priced hotels in the same town do offer a free breakfast (admittedly, it is usually not much, but all I need is a doughnut and some orange juice to get going).

Would I stay there again? Probably. That said, for Sunday night in a town like Altoona, $139 is a bit overpriced. I am just glad someone else was paying for it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Sonderweg,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a quiet and comfortable stay and appreciate your feedback regarding wiFi service and breakfast. All guests comments assist in our mission to continuously improve our guest experience and we thank you again for writing. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 May 2014

If your travels take you through or near Altoona, PA and you need a Hotel be sure to stay at the Marriott. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The price is well worth what's available.
The very best offering is the staff. I have stayed here a few times a month for the past 4 years and have traveled weekly for the past 12 years and without any hesitation I can share that the staff here is the very best you will find anywhere

Brian M,
We appreciate your review and recommendations of Courtyard Altoona. I'm delighted to hear that our clean and comfortable accommodations consistently meet your expectations, and the excellent service delivered by our staff adds comfort while traveling away from home. Thank you again for your review and patronage. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is located next to the Convention Center - but I was in town for non-convention business. Hotel staff provided great personalized service & tips on where to eat locally.

Room was clean and tidy - but the desk chair arm was broken. This issue was immediately resolved, after I brought it to the front desk's attention.

Breakfasts were excellent & offered very good choices, including healthy options.

I would recommend this hotel, and will probably stay there next time we are in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
SherrillG58,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

elizabethtown
Reviewed 26 May 2014

well just to start off we stayed at a days in a few exits down 99 the previous night and we wish we would have stayed there, but i really wanted a whirlpool tub which i decided the $50+ a night more than the days in would be worth it for the tub and in fact it was a marriott. geez i was so wrong. the pillows were super old and the bed was a queen (in the days inn the pillows were awesome and we had a king.) there was not a macrowave (in the days inn there was.) there was bottle water in the marriott room but we were going to be charged $2.50 if we drank it (there were 2 bottles of complimentary waters at the days inn room.) there was a chargeable bistro at the marriott (free breakfast at days inn.) the hot tubs buttons did not work, i had to use the emergency shut off switch to turn it on and off and when i told the receptionist about it during check out she said oh well in the handicap rooms its like that, oh thats funny because im pretty sure the when getting in and out they would probably slip and hurt them selves trying to turn it off or reach it. in fact there was mold all in the shower too. when i told the receptionist about all my concerns at check out she took a note of everything i complained about and said she would check into it, but it didnt seem genuine at all, like she was going to throw the note away when i left. no adjusting my bill to make it right, no oh let me get the manager nothing. and on top of it my grandmother called the night prior to suprisingly pay for my bill. i am so upset she wasted almost $200 on that crappy room!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
skcrofcheck,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to provide a better product and service to our guests. Our team takes great pride in ensuring our guests receive the Marriott quality they should always expect, and it appears we fell short of that goal. I sincerely apologize for your experience and hope you will give us another chance to provide a more rewarding stay. Thank you again.