“Great stay”
Review of Courtyard Altoona

Courtyard Altoona
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff is always so welcoming after my 5 hour drive to Altoona. It's a nice relaxing place to spend a night. Great pool area.
The fitness is very bare bones but if u need cardio it's available.
Little piece if heaven to have Starbucks in the lobby

Stayed: June 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Elizabeth B,

Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority; I glad you enjoyed our welcoming associates and relaxing hotel. Reflections like yours allow us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon.

Katie Milward, GM

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Well, the hotel had a lot of rough edges; it was hard to find in the dark because the entrance road was very poorly lit. We arrived and got our key and went upstairs to our room - imagine our surprise when we opened the door to find another person in it. Imagine her surprise! For some reason they saw fit to give us the key card to an already-occupied room. Which means they might do it to you. In 'compensation' they gave us an 'electronic coupon' for a breakfast (without coffee - very cheap and chintzy) the next morning, which was really adding insult to injury. I won't stay there again because I would prefer to be safe. Other than the staff's poor attitude towards security the physical building was acceptable.

Room Tip: Lock your hotel door and put on the chain thingy, you never know who the staff will invite to share...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear AngloAm,

My sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience during your recent visit to Courtyard Altoona; this is certainly not up to our standards. I’m sorry for the mistake our associates made, but I assure you that guest safety is our top priority. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your feedback assists us in our mission to continuously improve guest satisfaction. We value your business and hope you will return for another visit in the future.

Katie Milward

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our room lost power at around 11pm during our stay. No lights, no air conditioning, no television, no computers. They refused to move us to a functioning room so we just gave up and slept in the dark.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacob H
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm sorry to hear of the frustration you experienced; Due to a large storm in the area there was an area power outage. As you can imagine it affected the hotel's ability to provide power and air conditioning. This was an extraordinary circumstance. Additionally I am disappointed to here we did not respond with an appropriate apology. Please forgive us. I understand your frustration and I hope that we get another chance to deliver an exceptional stay. My contact information is below so please contact me prior to your next visit and I will personally oversee your accommodations.
Katie Millward, GM

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The courtyard marriott was a gem to find. It was a newer hotel. Clean, rooms were clean, and a very convenient place to Del Grosso Park and horseshoe curve. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. By the way. This hotel sells Del Grosso park tickets at a discount. Great for families

Stayed: June 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear G650traveler,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Courtyard Altoona. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.
Katie Millward, GM

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Decent hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the decor in the lobby. The room was pretty standard....no special features, but it was absolutely fine for 1 night. The room was extremely clean and quiet, which was appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Britt314,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Altoona. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while on business, and we’re glad you enjoyed your visits. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our clean hotel, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Katie Millward

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Courtyard Altoona is a very good, typical Courtyard by Marriott. Nice, updated lobby with a small restaurant for meals (and a mini Starbucks and a small bar). Rooms, bathrooms are comfortable and clean. Good location if just passing thru (as we were) or if staying a while. Any outside restaurants will require a car to get to. Probably very busy when there is a convention next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dave E,
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Courtyard while passing through Altoona. We appreciate you staying with us and are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We hope you will return so that we can host you again soon.

Katie Millward, General Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a nice hotel. After a long day, it was a very relaxing place to call home for the evening. My room was the quietest room I have ever had. The bed was comfortable and I had plenty pillows. However, there were a few glitches:

1. WiFi didn't work. Guest services said it was a known issue that night and I needed to call tech support. That resolved the problem for about an hour, at which point I lost the connection again. Never did get it back. The device works fine now, so it wasn't me.

2. Breakfast. When I checked in, the desk clerk said the bistro was open until whenever that night and then told me the hours for breakfast. Whenever a desk clerk has told me the hours for breakfast in the past, whatever the motel/hotel chain, it has been understood that this was complimentary breakfast. Naturally, I was surprised to find out the next morning that, no, it was not part of my room rate. The person taking my order told me he gets this a lot. By contrast, other lesser priced hotels in the same town do offer a free breakfast (admittedly, it is usually not much, but all I need is a doughnut and some orange juice to get going).

Would I stay there again? Probably. That said, for Sunday night in a town like Altoona, $139 is a bit overpriced. I am just glad someone else was paying for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Sonderweg,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a quiet and comfortable stay and appreciate your feedback regarding wiFi service and breakfast. All guests comments assist in our mission to continuously improve our guest experience and we thank you again for writing. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Kind regards,