“Average at best!”

Ranked #39 of 166 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Diner
“Average at best!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We had the breakfast buffet and the food was average. We had eaten here before and when we ordered egg whites, they charged extra and the portion size was fine. This time we were charged more got less and had a very poor waitress. Will not be going back.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Old folks' comfort food...but good for families and kids”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

As a senior-citizen family member says, "Eat'n Park is great because it's (1) cheap; (2) there's lot of it; and (3) it's breaded so that it fills you up." Eat'n Park is a Pittsburgh/Western Pennsylvania insitution. The salad bar is big and pretty good, the menu has a lot of stuff on it, and the Smiley cookies make the kids--and me--happy. Breakfast in the wee hours of the morning after an all-night drinking session is the way to go. Any other time, I'll refer you, dear reader, back to what old Paulie had to say about it above. (OK, I'm a little harsh. Stay clear of the meat loaf and get a burger and fries. You'll like it.) There is no way to dislike Eat'n Park. It's diner food, perhaps masquerading as something a little more, that being the casual dining experience of an Appleby's.

P.S.
I recently went to another Eat'n Park where we got to sample "experimental" items to see if they should be put on the menu. Let's just say Eat'n Park needs to stick with the salad bar and breakfast and far away from frou-frou stuff like hummus. That was a disaster.

• Visited May 2013
Columbia, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not great but not bad”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Has a wide variety of food. Friendly staff, and warm food. The enitre resturant could use a face lift and updating; ie carpet and entrance ease. Need a more booths would be a plus for privacy/

Visited July 2013
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
“My Favorite Breakfast Place !!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have been to "Eat 'n Park for lunch and dinner but I mostly go there for breakfast..sometimes it's with friends to catch up or with my Dad and sister...wonderful staff...good food..they have a breakfast buffet.then at lunch it becomes a salad bar (homemade chicken noodle soup..yummy)...casual atmosphere...staff remembers you and brings coffee before we even sit down...I order from the menu...some of my favorites are the waffles and homefries as part of the "Breakfast Smiles" which are a good value and my coffee cup is always filled...my sister asked about something on the buffet that she liked and the server went back and the truck had just come in and she got the item off the truck and prepared it and gave a plate of it to my sister..for my Dad's birthday last September he was presented with their signature "Grilled Stickies" warm with ice cream free of charge..they have a bakery on site..my favorite is lemon meringue pie...nice place to just enjoy the morning !!!

• Visited April 2013
Huntingdon
“I love this salad bar!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This restaurant has a great salad bar for breakfast or lunch or dinner. Need to turn up the temperature on the hot bar though should be steaming hot. Good food though.

Visited March 2013

Been to Eat'n Park? Share your experiences!