“Service was fast and friendly, food was average, good overall value.”
Review of Texas Hot Dogs

Texas Hot Dogs
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: (814) 942-6381http://maps.google.com/maps?q=texas+hot+dogs,+altoona,+pa&hl=en&ll=40.516605,-78.401012&spn=0.040194,0.104628&sll=40.766292,-78.037954&sspn=0.010401,0.026157&hq=texas+hot+dogs,&hnear=Altoona,+Blair,+Pennsylvania&t=m&z=14&layer=c&cbll=40.516553,-78.401091&panoid=OskBwaCeqOuMuCsc10ji8w&cbp=12,343.42,,0,0
Texarkana, Texas
“Service was fast and friendly, food was average, good overall value.”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband, grandson and I visited Texas Hot Dogs this afternoon for a late lunch, about 4:00. We ordered the standard Texas Hot Dogs, and the grandson had a Steer Burger. We also shared a large order of fries and an order of fried mushrooms. The hot dogs were good, and the franks had a nice snap to them. My grandson devoured his burger very quickly and was happy with it. The fries were good, but the mushrooms were something I could have bought out of the freezer case at Wal-Mart. There were five mushrooms in the order for a cost of $1.99. We were pleased, but not blown away.

• Visited July 2013

Franklin, New Jersey
“Going to the dogs!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

After we saw the reviews for this resturaunt, my wife and I just had to try it when we were in Altoona last week. We love chili dogs and this place did not disappoint us. Price was reasonable, staff was friendly. It was great for a quick easy lunch.

• Visited July 2013
Parkland, Florida, United States
“Best hotdog”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The hotdogs are just like when you were a kid, not fake turkey or beef the real mcCoy pork , soft bun and good chilli! Yummy!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dottie R
Springfield, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Excellent chilli cheese dogs! My brother loved the kraut dogs. We found this little place while visiting Altoona.

• Visited June 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
“There's a reason they've stayed in business so long”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I grew up in Altoona. I loved going for Texas Hot Dogs when I was a kid. As soon as I could take ride my bicycle on the road; I started riding there for my fix. Then when I could drive, it became a regular stopping place. Now when I go back, I make it a point to stop in for the usual... 2 dogs with chili, cheese, ketchup and onions. Good stuff.

• Visited June 2013