“Step back in time...”

Texas Hot Dogs
Ranked #10 of 174 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Description: Celebrating 100 years of business in 2018. Nostalgic diner orinally established in 1918. Located in Downtown Altoona, PA. Known for its famous Chili Dogs and a Texas Macaroni served smothered in Cheese and Chili Sauce. Family owned and operated by Members of the Lamont/George family for 100 years. Stop in for the delicious icy cold draft Rootbeer. Homestyle chili and fresh soups too. Prices are very reasonable.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Every time I go here with my wife or with my wife and grand kids, it's like stepping back in time. I love the old "retro" decor with the Lou Gehrig "Iron Man Batteries" poster, the longhorn horns on the wall, the big Hires Root beer barrel, the counter with built in stools, booths, and the like. I don't know what people expect when they come here - they sell hot dogs! We like them and will continue to go back time and time again. The dogs are good.

1  Thank markperehinec

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Texas hotdogs is a wonderful place to get hotdogs. They have cheeseburgers which are pretty good and they make one of the best peanut butter fudge in Altoona!

1  Thank ns3347
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Waitress and food was great. Very reasonable. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Come her all the time and never disappointed.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The place was a little dirty and the dogs were of a type you could find at the local grocery store. They had a mac and cheese with chili but I observed the prep and all I can say is it came out in a five pound log prepared???? And the cheese was actually poured out of a gallon can which read, cheese sauce. So I'm not even sure what the hell that was. I just think if you are going to do hot dogs as you signature offering, they should be of a quality hard to find elsewhere. These were less than mediocre.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The dogs are okay but nothing to write home about. I've eaten ballpark hot dogs that were just as good. My friends oversold the Texas Wiener I'm sorry to say.

1  Thank Edstots1

Been to Texas Hot Dogs? Share your experiences!