“same as it was in the 70's”
Review of Texas Hot Dogs

Texas Hot Dogs
Ranked #9 of 166 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Description: Old fashioned diner orinally established in 1918. Downtown Altoona, PA. Known for its famous Chili Hot Dogs and Macaroni served smothered in Cheese and Chili Sauce. Family owned and operated by Members of the Lamont/George family for nearly 100 years. Stop in for the delicious draft Rootbeer. Prices are reasonable.
Ellicott City, Maryland
“same as it was in the 70's”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My first job was at Texas Hot Dogs and I am so happy to say that they still taste the same. The special sauce just makes the dogs and if you like hot dogs, you have to try them. My husband is a Yocco's fan (Allentown), but of course I think THD are better. The THD in downtown Altoona is definitely a throwback and you just have to go there to experience it!

Visited August 2014

Mount Joy
“Lunch”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stop in and get Texas Hot Dogs every time we visit Altoona. They are the best! And my husband has to get the hot cheese balls! Wish we had one in Lancaster.....

Visited August 2014
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Step back in time...”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Every time I go here with my wife or with my wife and grand kids, it's like stepping back in time. I love the old "retro" decor with the Lou Gehrig "Iron Man Batteries" poster, the longhorn horns on the wall, the big Hires Root beer barrel, the counter with built in stools, booths, and the like. I don't know what people expect when they come here - they sell hot dogs! We like them and will continue to go back time and time again. The dogs are good.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank markperehinec
Gallitzin, Pennsylvania
“Texas hotdogs”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Texas hotdogs is a wonderful place to get hotdogs. They have cheeseburgers which are pretty good and they make one of the best peanut butter fudge in Altoona!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ns3347
“Matt.”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Waitress and food was great. Very reasonable. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Come her all the time and never disappointed.

Been to Texas Hot Dogs? Share your experiences!