“Great salad bar” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 162 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees…all cooked to order! Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms.
Bradenton, Florida
“Great salad bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Always try to hit a Hoss's while visiting back "home." Just like I remember as the food is always fresh and tasty. Can't go wrong with the soup and salad bar. Fresh garlic bread, YUM.

Visited June 2014

“Matt Genua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Food is excellent. The waitress Morgan is the best. I recommend this place to anyone. Steak is one of the best around. Stop in.

1 Thank Matt G
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for that great review. We hope to serve you again soon.
Rockville, Maryland
“Poor service, shamefull entree portion”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I ordered meatloaf as my entree from the value menu. Hoss's should be honest and add the word poor before value. My slice of meatloaf (one only) was about the size one would expect but less than 1/4 inch thick. When I mentioned my disappointment to the waitress her response was that it was a good thing I did not order the chicken tenders. I had ordered a Diet Pepsi with my meal but was served a regular Pepsi. When I asked the waitress about this she apologized and brought me another drink. This time it was a regular Dr. Pepper. I asked if it was Diet Dr. Pepper I was told she had made a mistake and given my drink to another table and I had gotten theirs. On the third try she got it right but it tasted awful. At the end of the meal she brought the bill, which should have been $13.02 but it was actually over $33. Yes, it was corrected. However, there were too many mistakes and the tiny portion of meat loaf was an insult. There are plenty of places to get better food cheaper. I wish we had looked further. We will in the future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rkap10
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Altoona location. We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your dining expectations. The portions of our American Value Menu are on the smaller but we still feel they are a value because they include the all you can eat Soup & Salad bar. However the server not providing the correct drink until the third try is unacceptable. Your feedback will be forwarded to the General Manager of that location so they can assure this does not happen again.
Again your comments and patronage are appreciated. We hope you will give Hoss's another chance so we can make this right.
Plymouth, PA
“Very Good...Satisfied...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stopped here on our way to Pittsburgh for lunch.
Everything was Very Good.
4 Soups, Salad Bar, Dessert Bar.
Service was Fast, Food was Good, Price was Right.
$15 for two using the online coupon you can get by going to the website.
Fine Place - We will return.

Ted G

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your feedback for our Altoona location is greatly appreciated. We strive to provide great food and service at a reasonable price. We hope you choose Hoss's again in your future travels.
“Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after a long day at DelGrosso's Amusment Park. We had 4 tired and hungry kids, and even though the parking lot was full (including a charter bus) we were seated promptly, and our food arrived quickly. The food quality of both our meals and the hot/salad bar was excellent! Our server Morgan was very attentive, and kept our glasses full! We'll definitely be eating here again on future trips to Altoona!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Altoona location. We strive to provide great food and service at a reasonable price. We are very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable dining experience and that Morgan exceeded your expectations. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to serve you again soon.