“Horrible service.”

Ranked #117 of 169 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: T.G.I. Friday's offers great food and amazing drinks at our locations nationwide. From burgers to steak and beer to mixed drinks, you don't have to wait till Friday to get your Friday's.
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Went here on a Friday at 6. Table of 4. They were far from busy. Worst service I have ever experienced. Ordered drinks. Took 15 mins to get them. Ordered our meal. No one came back to our table for an hour and 15 mins. Manager came to apologize. Meal finally came 20 mins later. Was cold. Grease from steak congealed on the plate. Watched multiple tables leave with similar complaints. This place will close soon if this continues. Sad. It used to be a good place to go.

Trey C, Director of Marketing at TGI Friday's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback and I apologize about the experience you had at our restaurant. I will be reaching out to you personally to apologize and learn more about your experience so that we can make sure these issues don't occur moving forward.

Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I absolutely love Fridays food! The bruschetta was amazing as was the service and atmosphere. Definitely recommended to our friends!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Usually not a fan of T.G.I Friday's but we met our friends there for dinner to celebrate a birthday. The ribs were tender and the portion was ample enough for a person to become full.The service was good even on a crowded Saturday night.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The last time my wife and I ate at TGI Friday's in Altoona we found very little positive to say. The service was slow and considering we were 2 of 3 people in the entire bar area, there were no excuses to be had. The food took a long time to come as did the drinks. The food was cold, probably because it sat back in the kitchen for a while. I hope that management picks up the service a bit.

Trey C, Director of Marketing at TGI Friday's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Glenn B.

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the fact that you had an unsatisfactory experience at our restaurant. We will reach out to you personally to find out more about your experience, and to make every effort to correct it.

We hope that you will visit our restaurant again, and we will do our best to make sure that you have a positive, enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Went here with the hubby, had a gift card for appetizer only. Ordered sesame jack strips--when they arrived there was 8 chicken nugget sized pieces of chicken on the plate. Last time we were there the plate was full. Asked a passing waitress why the portion was so small and she said they are all weighed now. 8 nuggets of chicken for $9.69. Crazy! Our actual waitress seemed miserable. No smile, no introducing of herself, did the bare minimum. Wish I could have tipped the girl that answered our question about the appetizer because to lessen the blow of the meager portion and high price she slipped us another appetizer card. Sadly, we probably won't go back to use it.

Been to TGI Friday's? Share your experiences!