“Nice Italian Restaurant”

Allegro Ristorante
Ranked #41 of 174 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving fine dining Italian cuisine since 1978! We've got the best recipes for good times - anytime. With homemade Italian specialties sure to please every appetite... fresh seafood, veal, steaks, homemade pasta, chicken, and more. Early dinner for two special and family-style dining for groups available. Reservations welcome, not required.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We are not gourmands of Italian food, but we found the food to be excellent. We picked it out of the AAA guide book. We had arrived at our hotel at about seven pm, and after re,grouping, went to the Allegro. It was a bit tricky to find, at least from our hotel location. The complimentary meatballs were fabulous! Great waitress, who was not impatient because we came in half an hour before closing. Chocolate mousse was very good. .

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have been going to the Allegro with family and for business for over 10 years and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Have eaten there several times for special family gatherings. My wife and I don't go there on our own. In my opinion, it's not worth the price you pay for the quality of the food. You do get veal meatballs and garlic bread as compliments of the chef, but the meal prices reflect this. I've had seafood dishes several times, and each time the shrimp has a very "fishy" taste to it, so if I attend a family function, I stick with spaghetti. The Italian dishes are pretty good. However, I'm also not into the "dining experience" of spending almost two hours for dinner. Always seems to take so long between courses. For the price, it's just not my cup of tea.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Dinner at the Allegro has always been our family tradition when we all get together. The food is fabulous and the staff so friendly. They always go out of their way to make your experience a great one.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant after reading the good review of it in the AAA Guidebook. We enjoyed our meal very much. We especially liked the warm bread and the complementary veal meatballs and garlic bread. Our main entrees were very good, and the portions were large.