“A local treasure” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tom & Joe's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 162 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
“A local treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

An old fashioned diner with the best cheesesteak & fries done to perfection I ever had.
Certainly will place this restaurant in my top 20 of great meals. Can't wait to try breakfast!

• Visited September 2013

Three Springs, Pennsylvania
“We will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I used Goggle to find a restaurant that was close to another attraction my family and I were at. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals. The portions were great and the food was very good. Was disappointed that there was no dessert left for us. Will pre-order it the next time we are in Altoona.

• Visited August 2013
“Glad we went!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoy stopping and experiencing local restaurants when traveling. This place was busy at breakfast time and we could see why. The food is very different from what you'd get at a chain restaurant. It was home cooked and satisfying. The Breakfast Mess was very good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Central PA
“Good diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Like the diner food,

Dislike the wait & parking.

Kind of a chat 'n whelp. Regulars chat & chat, see you are ready to order, then chat with servers even more! Nothing to do with a food order, just gossip. Then they close with "whelp, I've gotta..." Then state their itinerary for the rest of the day. Again, nothing to do with restaurant business.

If you can get passed this, and like diner food, they have pretty good breakfast food. I suggest "the mess".

Enjoy!

Visited April 2013
South Seaville, NJ
“A must!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

You cannot go to Altoona, and not eat breakfast or lunch here. This place just radiates with the flavor and character of an old town. The people here treat you like family. The breakfast I had had a flavor that only be had on a very hot, vintage grill. I savored every bite. Our waitress was great, and George made sure that we were fully satisfied. We were only in Altoona for only one night, and I wanted breakfast at a vintage eatery downtown. Believe me, this is the place to go. And, it was cheap! We will eat here every time we visit Altoona. Do not pass up Tom and Joes!

Visited May 2013

Been to Tom & Joe's Restaurant? Share your experiences!