“The Best Customer Service I've Experienced in a While...”

Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
South Orange, New Jersey
“The Best Customer Service I've Experienced in a While...”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I can't wait to stay (and update this review) at the Days Inn & Suites in Altoona, Pa. When I first called the hotel a couple of weeks ago, the day(s) that I wanted were not available. Our daughter is graduating from Penn State at State College and told us about this brand new hotel. When I phoned the hotel, they were already booked! Every other hotel in the area (including the one star and flea bag hotels) were charging Waaayyy over & beyond rates (some like the Marriott and Hampton were as high as $500 and $600 a night - due to the Penn State Graduation). Days Inn was only $169/night but there was no availability. Cynthia put me on a wait list, and I fully expected to NEVER hear from her (or them) again. Low and Behold, she left me a message tonight when I was tied up doing something else. When I had phoned a couple of hours later, she remembered me, had 'saved' my spot, and booked me for my preferred days for the graduation in May!!! My main thought was, "She actually called me back and waited a bit before 'giving away' my room!" If this is any indication of how my stay will be, then I can't wait. Days Inn would do well to keep employees like her happy because she has made their future guest very happy. Many 'Thanks' to Cynthia and Days Inn & Suites, Altoona.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elle B
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
We are so happy to be able to accommodate you for this special day! We look forward to serving you in May. Congrats to your new graduate!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in due to the fact that it only been open five days when I visited. Everything smells new. The look is bright, clean and contemporary. There are fresh baked cookies in the lobby. The hotel staff is friendly. The room we stayed didn't have much closet space but the spacious bathroom made up for it. I wish every hotel I stayed was this nice. You can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments!
It was a pleasure having you stay at our new Days Inn & Suites, we look forward to serving your future stays.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here one night, brand new hotel. Place was very immaculate, staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Fitness center was an A+ With many options, breakfast had everything you could want. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ryanlayton
Thank you for your kind comments and review. I am so thankful you enjoyed our fitness center and your stay. We will never forget you as our very first guest, we look forward to seeing you again as you travel to Altoona.
Travellers also viewed these Altoona hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona
Altoona Grand Hotel
Altoona Grand Hotel
#10 of 15 in Altoona

Been to Days Inn & Suites Altoona? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Altoona

Property: Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Address: 458 Sabbath Rest Rd, Altoona, PA 16601-7567
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Altoona
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn & Suites Altoona 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Altoona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.