“Good lunch for two travelers”
Review of Lena's Cafe

Lena's Cafe
Ranked #12 of 175 Restaurants in Altoona
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We found Lena's by accident while on a long road trip. Though it's a bit off the beaten path, the food and service were good! I was a little surprised by the dark interior and felt like we'd stepped back in time, but we got our lunch quickly and could tell it was a favorite among locals. The menu didn't feature much variety -- spaghetti, pasta, various subs and sandwiches -- but had a little something for everybody.

The place was hopping on a Tuesday afternoon, but the staff didn't seem to have any trouble keeping up. I ordered a grilled chicken salad, which was very filling and delicious! I loved the house dressing. The bread while we were waiting was a lifesaver for two weary travelers. Should we find ourselves in Altoona, I wouldn't mind going back!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I try to get to Lena's at least once a month. I love the dressing on the salad, plus their spaghetti and meatballs are the best, period! The sauce is amazing and the meatballs are delicious! Don't forget a cannoli for dessert (to go if you don't have any more room)!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

When you want great Italian food at a reasonable price go to Lena's cafe in Altoona, PA.
I love their lasagna only on Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. The homemade noodles are the best if you are in the mood for spaghetti. They are homemade and thinner than the regular spaghetti. Make sure you order a meatball. Really great and again, homemade. The cheese ravioli are homemade and the ricotta is made fresh. The atmosphere at Lena's is that of a little cafe. Not fancy in the least but its the food I love. Usually I see someone I know enjoying the best food in town.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

No whistle and bells, just good spaghetti and meatballs! My husband has the sauce shipped to Florida!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We dined here while passing through town. The homemade noodles were outstanding. The sauce was extremely tasty! I would highly recommend Lena's Cafe.

Been to Lena's Cafe? Share your experiences!