“We've never had a bad dish!”
Review of El Campesino

El Campesino
Ranked #22 of 168 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My husband and I usually order the Grilled Cazuelada, which is a dinner for two. It is ENORMOUS! We always take home left-overs and have 1-2 meals from those. The food is delicious. We love to take family and friends here and nobody has ever had anything that they haven't raved about. The service is also wonderful.

There are newer reviews for El Campesino

Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is our favorite mexican place. The food is always excellent, the service is good. I can't rate the drinks as I don't drink alcohol, but others have said the margaritas are good. I recommend the cheese with chorizo for an appetizer. You get chips and salsa free.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

You can practice your Spanish here as well as getting authentic dishes from South of the border. The tamales are wrapped in a banana leaf - this is NOT what you would get at Taco Bell.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Visited here awhile ago while shopping in Altoona. Food was pretty good and prices weren't bad. We aren't well schooled in what to order at a Mexican restaurant, so it's hit and miss for us to order something we like. Everything we ordered was good, except the nachos had a weird, white cheese which I didn't much care for. If craving Mexican food, I would go back.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

The food in average. The service is good . I'm not into the mudslide of refried beans across the plate. There has got to be MSG in everything. Feel like crap on this food.