“Nice meal”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Altoona from out of town and happened upon El Campesino. There was a bit of a wait so we sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and helpful. Great selection of draft beers. We enjoyed fajitas at the bar and had a fun evening. Great value!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I found this restaurant by accident about two years ago. I have returned several times since, and I travel more than an hour to get there...and it is well worth the drive. The staff is very pleasant and attentive, the portions are huge, and the prices are very reasonable. It is a very clean restaurant, meals are served very quickly and everything is fresh and consistent. Try it...you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were staying at the HIE just down the street and had a taste for Mexican. We were not disappointed. From the free salsa and chips, to the delicious (and large) margaritas, to the fajitas platter for two (only $22) we were well sated and our taste buds satisfied. Amazing to see our waiter carry four large platters and two dinner plates to the table next to us. We considered this dinner entertainment. Many of the guests appeared to be from the area and given the great food, great service and very reasonable prices this is easy to understand.

Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

The owners moved into the former Uno's and it was a great move. Much nicer facility. They have the best chips and salsa (free). I enjoy their burritos and my wife loves their soup! They have a full bar with lots of beers on tap.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

My fave is Enchiladas Suizas. I enjoy the MILD salsa over the regular and request it upon being seated. My spouse prefers regular. Service there is always very good, as is the food. They are eager to please if anything isn't "just right". Portions are always ample. Would definitely recommend.