“Beautiful, comfortable, and overall excellent”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed 5 December 2011

From the moment I walked into the lobby, I was impressed with this hotel. It's beautifully decorated with an emphasis on comfort. The staff was friendly, my room was clean and well-appointed. I especially appreciated the shower! There were several free extras, that I am used to paying for - namely water and a snack in my room, and a delicious breakfast. The fitness room had gym-grade equipment, and was truly created to be a fitness room (not just a treadmill tossed into a large closet). There were towels, a water cooler, and a flat screen TV. The hotel is on a strip within walking distance to many famous chain restaurants. It was an all-around wonderful experience!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Christina K
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We receive many compliments on our showers. In fact, they are so popular that they are available for purchase through the Holiday Inn Express brand website. I am also pleased to hear that you found our complimentary water and snacks, fitness center and overall comfort to be to your liking. We hope to see you on many return trips!

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We are staying in the Holiday Inn Express. The staff are great at check-in and they gave us tips regarding local establishments (like Planet Fitness and many restaurants) that offer discounts to HIE guests. We have a suite with a 42" TV, computer, printer, blu-ray player, etc. and breakfast is free. All around a great value. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank S&A_Houston
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

I am very pleased to hear that you are happy with the quality provided by our hotel and staff. I am also very pleased to hear that you would stay with us again. Should you need anything during your stay or on a return trip please do not hesitate to contact myself, or a member of our team!

Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel prior to the Penn State vs. Purdue football game. The staff at this hotel were absolutely delightful from the moment we entered the door. Being from out of town, we knew we needed to find a place to have dinner, but when we checked into the hotel, we were told we were welcome to join the "tailgate." This hotel had LOTS of great food, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, and activities for all the guests of the entire hotel to enjoy... all without an additional cost ... AMAZING ... we just stayed at the hotel versus venturing out to a restaurant! The room was very clean. We highly recommend this place, and if we return for another football battle vs. Penn State, we'll stay here for sure!

1  Thank laura31882
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for saying such kind things about our hotel. I am very happly to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Customer service is always at the top of our list and it is always nice to hear that it is appreciated. We intend to continue the pre-game tailgate parties next year, please let us know if you have any suggestions. We hope to see you again on November 22 & 23rd of 2013 when Penn State is once again host to Purdue! Thank you again for your kind remarks.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I spent two nights at the hotel due to a family emergency. The staff was exceptional, especially Bonnie and Ryan. They were caring and made a difficult experience less stressful. I can't thank them enough for their help and patience.

1  Thank N S

I am glad that we were able to assist you during a very stressful time. I have shared your kind remarks with Bonnie and Ryan, both of whom recall you and hope you are well. Should you need us again, please do not hesitate to call. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Two nights in Altoona for business. This is my third business trip in 26 years. I wasn't looking forward to it and didn't know what to expect from Holiday Inn. My family stayed in Holiday Inn motels when I was a kid almost 40 years ago and I always rememeber good times.
The hotel was much more than I expected. Quick check in with a very friendly staff; clean, QUIET, updated room; VERY comfortable bed; and a strong shower with hot water made my stay very easy and comfortable. The hot breakfast was good and there was always plenty to choose from .
I will be returning to Altoona over the next few months and will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: My room was at the far end of the second floor rear corridor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rsd685

I am thrilled with how happy you were with the quality provided by our hotel. When traveling, little things really do matter. No place is ever as good as your own home but we strive to be a close 2nd :) We look forward to seeing you on your return trips. If you find a room that you really like, don't hesitate to request that room when you make your next reservation.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The staff is friendly, professional and helpful, the rooms are well appointed, quiet and beds are wonderful. Complimentary breakfast was very good and having coffee available at all times at the desk is a nice convenience. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank 2dogone

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be caring anf helpful, and that the amenities offered were to your liking. We hope to see you on a return trip. We will keep the coffee fresh and ready for you!

Reviewed 11 October 2011

This is an old Holiday Inn updates somewhat but still feels like a 1970s Holiday Inn. It is convenient to restaurants and easy to get to from 99. Rooms were clean but not the best layout.

Room Tip: Staff was very friendly. Only 45 minutes to PSU
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank fishnski

You are correct. We were not recently built as a Holiday Inn, but rather the first in PA to be converted to the NEW Holiday Inn Express. Older features such as oversized rooms and tiled bathrooms are still found at our hotel. New ammenities such as top of the line bedding, FREE WI-FI, flat screen TV's, and refrigerator microwave combos are also found in each room. We have also added a built in BBQ and putting green for our guests. Several other updates, that we are very excited to launch, are also on the way. Our tech savy travelers will soon be able to access their rooms by using their smart phones! We hope to see you on a return trip, and look forward to showing you our continuous upgrades. :)