“GREAT PLACE”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed 24 June 2014

the hotel staff and rooms are excellent..! would def stay here more often.! the curve stadium is just a few blocks up the street an a short walk to many restaurants.....................................

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ROB S
Ashley B, Manager In Training at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your experience at the Holiday Inn Express, Altoona, PA. We are delighted to have you stay with us while you were here in Altoona. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We hope to see you on your next trip to Altoona, PA. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The rooms were very comfortable for an older hotel. The location was very convenient, the breakfast had a good selection and was well stocked and the person working the breakfast area was very friendly, as was the rest of the staff I interacted with.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ashley B, Manager In Training at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure I inform the staff on how you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel. Please plan to visit us the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were in town for the graduation of a niece…….not familiar with Altoona, so we took a shot and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Good choice--very quiet, great bed and a very good breakfast which was included (standard fair for Express). Would highly recommend for the tired traveler.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments sent to TripAdvisor about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Altoona, PA. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence.

Congratulations on the graduation of your niece! Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Altoona.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

There's a waffle house right next door. Don't look for any bars in walking distance, there are none. Everyone was friendly and the rooms were clean. Linens were soft. There was a nice vending machine in the lobby for late night snacking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bahamasreviewer
Ashley B, Manager In Training at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am always glad to hear from our guests. May I suggest the next time you are in town you try El Campesino for a bar within walking distance. El Campesino is a Mexican restaurant but they have a bar as well and all our guest seem to like it there. I will make sure I inform my staff on how you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to Altoona, PA.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. We have just completed a family reunion week-end at this hotel where we had a block of rooms as well as had their conference areas as a hospitality suite for the week-end.

From the moment we arrived until we checked out, they rolled out the red carpet to us. The common spaces in this hotel are gorgeous. While the hotel is a little dated, the hotel is very clean and neat. From what were were told, they will be going through an upcoming renovation and I am certain it will only add to the look and feel of the hotel. We are planning our next family reunion in two years and I have already reached out to the hotel to have our out of town family stay here.

Items that really stood out about this hotel:
Staff
Hotel beds (very comfortable)
Breakfast area. It was amazing and offered much more than other hotels that we have stayed in.

If you are staying in the Altoona area, it is really work a look and the stay. I am certain you will walk away with the same warm feelings that we did. Special thanks to Bonnie and Ashley as they really made us feel like family and took extra care of us while we were there.

Outstanding Job team!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mash62
Ashley B, Manager In Training at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to hear you felt like family from myself and the other staff here at the Holiday Inn Express. We are always please to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence.

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay. I am so glad to hear you are already planning your next stay here at the Holiday Inn Express. Our entire staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and the service rendered. It is our intent to maintain the highest levels of service, convenience, and cleanliness at our location. We strive to provide our guest with a high quality hotel experience and rely upon comment such as yours to maintain these standards.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you and your family in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Altoona.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I found the room on Hotwire about an hour before I got to Altoona. My stay only got better as time went on. After I checked in I went to my room where I was finally able to relax and they provided me with snacks and a few water bottles free of charge. Also, even though I forgot toothpaste I was provided a tube from the front desk as well. The bed was very comfortable and the room size for a single was massive! Needless to say, soon after I laid down I was able to fall asleep as if I were in my own bed at home. I was up early to eat breakfast and it was well organized with a variety of options to choose from and most importantly the coffee was great. I had the pleasure of meeting Cherryie Brown and talk with her for about a half hour. I cannot wait to see what it looks like once the renovations are completed!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are my personal favorite because they are the most convenient
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ErikRief
Ashley B, Manager In Training at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always my pleasure to hear from our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed talking to Cherryie. It is always so wonderful to hear from our guests about their stay. I look forward to seeing you in your future trips to Altoona, PA.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Loved my stay at this hotel.. The girls at the front desk are the best especially the girls in the evening helping with where to eat and what fun bars are around to go to.. Breakfast was very good love the pancake maker looks like a fax machine… check out is so nice and smooth I wake up and a bill is under my door and I can leave when I get up don’t have to stop at the desk but I do because I love seeing all the happy faces cant wait for my next visit to Altoona ill only stay here

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ashley B, Manager In Training at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure I inform my staff on how you enjoyed your stay. We are so glad to be your hotel of choice when you return to Altoona. You are indeed a valued guest to us. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Altoona, PA.