Econo Lodge
Quality Inn & Suites(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$67
QualityInn
US$159
US$154
Super 8 Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$80
US$112
Comfort Suites Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
US$87
US$99
Fairfield Inn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I was quite disturbed with the bad reviews I read as I set visiting a sick relative In a hospital knowing I had to go to this motel late that night.

I have no idea where all the negative statements came from. The room, sheets and bathroom were clean. There is a reclining chair and also another chair to sit in. Towels were normal size and not tiny as some people said. No smells in the room.

I had a small freezer, frig and microwave.

For the money you cannot beat this!

There is not a pool but could not remove the rating for it. Also the fitness center I do not know if there is one. And could not remove the rating

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Barrb54
Reviewed 19 November 2012

After seeing so many negative reviews of the Econo Lodge, I had to set the record straight. The room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. WiFi worked great and there was a basic continental breakfast which was typical of motels at this price range. If you want an inexpensive place to stay when passing through Altoona, the Econo Lodge is fine.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank fh953
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Cheap, old and run-down. Very much like most of Altoona, especially the downtown area. The hotel is in a sketchy, not very well-lit area, back a bit from the blvd. Sure, the price is low ($49 something) but after seeing the room, I do believe I was overcharged! Check-in was a tedious task, the clerk (who was dressed as if she worked at a gas station) could not figure out which "buttons" to press on the keyboard!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank abgstat
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This Econo Lodge could use an update, carpets are old and bit dirty, front desk staff are friendly, breakfast is bit below average, bottom line cheap price, location is OK. Altoona does not have much to begin with.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank next50years
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I called from the road to book a room and was not able to as their computers were down. When I arrived I was quoted a price of $49.00 plus tax. Since I planned to leave early and just needed a place to sleep, I took the room. As for the room, it was gross. The air conditioner worked but I could not run it because the fan sounded like pots and pans banging together. With 100 degree weather, the room was like a sauna. The blanket had burn holes in it and the sheet had stains of some sort. Worst yet, I was awoken at 3 AM by what appeared to be a cockroach running over my head which I promptly squashed. Since I would no longer be sleeping, I decided to check out at 4 AM. This too was a problem as I had to argue with the clerk over the now charge of $54.95 plus tax which I paid as I could not stand another minute of this disgusting hotel. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business