Cranberry Run Campground
  • Breakfast included
Pocono Plaza Inn(Stroudsburg)
Econo Lodge(Stroudsburg)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Hi, Wanted to share my wonderful experience at the Cranberry Run Campground back in August. The campground is rustic but beautiful and the owners are friendly, honest and really care about your experience. It was a chilly weekend and i was worried about not getting HOT water, however, the water was HOT and the showers were included with site fee. No additional money for a long HOT shower. Then i left my purse in the bathroom and a maintenance man called Don found it and I got it back!! I was thrilled. I highly recommend this campground to others. Great people run the campground and they have a pool hall. Stop by and check it out!!

Room Tip: Campground is beautiful and out in the woods, like true camping should be.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

It's nice to hear that there are people out there that still like the rustic, old fashioned camping that we enjoy so much. Rustic sites plus hot showers equals good times in my book, too!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Loved it. Clean and quiet. The owners went above & beyond.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your support!

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Our first visit 2 years ago was ok, but this trip was awesome!!! Despite being October and a bit cold (for me lol). My husband and I along with 8 friends made the trip. The grounds are beyong immaculate, location is great, facilities are very clean too. Frank and Linda took very good care of us and remembered us from our 1st visit. They had a halloween party which we all dressed up for, and my husband and I won best costume!!! lololol.

Overall, we had a great time with our friends and so did our friends. We will be making it an annual trip to Cranberry Run.
Thanks Frank and Linda :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Our grounds managers Chucky and Caralyn have been doing a great job keeping our grounds and facilities amazingly clean. Thanks for the review - hope to see you next Halloween!

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother to review a place but I felt compelled because of all the bad ones. There must be new owners or something because the people running this place were very nice. It was dark and they came all the way out to the entrance to meet us and tell us where to go. Then they showed me around to let me pick my own campsite based on what I was looking for. Since I had a fridge and my unit has no levelers I picked the most level one I could find. So a lot of what everyone else said was basically correct. The game room had enough games but was a bit smoky *smelling*. That's a key point, it was well ventilated but perhaps isn't always. It wasn't actually filled with smoke when we were there. I didn't use the pool but there were kids who were. The whole place is located on the side of a mountain and I think that's really cool. It rained very heavily while we were there and we didn't have a huge mud problem. There is a lot of gravel and stone and that seems to take care of it. A lot of the sites aren't very level at all. Ours was off 3 degrees sideways and 3 degrees front to back and was one of the better ones for rv's and campers. The layout of the campground makes it very appropriate for noisy groups being able to enjoy themselves without bothering others. There were a couple groups there and we couldn't hear them at all. I didn't use the bathhouse but I did peek in. It smelled of some kind of cleaning chemical and appeared clean.. The place is not really restort like at all. It's very rustic, but everything seemed on the up and up and we really enjoyed our stay here. To me, this is what camping should be, not a giant grass field burning up in the sun. Retirees who expect a resort however might be disappointed. Oh I couldn't hook up my cable because I needed an adapter and the owner was happy to provide one to borrow. This might be tight for huge rv's but we got around just fine in our 32 foot. The entrance roads are pretty torn up. Should be fine if you're not a lowered sports car. The bugs were pretty aggressive, even during the day. We had to use bug spray at all times. The sites all have very different layouts. Some are normal rv style while others are face to face so you can see your neighbor. Good for friends. Many sites are awesome tent camping sites. There's a couple sites out in a hidden clearing that were for groups,

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

We are happy to say that we are under new ownership as of early 2010. We appreciate all of the feedback and we're glad that you visited our campground. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 31 July 2011

camping is so much fun and very enjoyable. the owners bend over backwards to accommadate everyones needs and wants. you couldnt ask for nicer people to be running a campground! if your into old fashion camping this is the place to be. we are so glad that we found the place and intend to stay for a long while. for all of you who love to camp this is the place to go. they dont dig into your pockets to have fun with the way the economy is today. thats the best part. ITS FUN WITHOUT ALL THE EXTRA EXSPENSES!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

We're happy that you have joined our seasonal family and hope that you continue to enjoy our campground for many years to come. People like you are the reason we do this!

Regards,