“Dont Listen to Bad Reviews !!!”

Cranberry Run Campground
Reviewed 15 October 2012

First Id like to say that me & my husband have been camping atleast twice a year for 12 years ... After reading the reviews my husband was a little sceptical & my fingers were crossed that I hadnt chose a bad campground for the trip we were taking with 10 of our friends .... When u first arrive dont let the first impression scare u away like it almost did to us , my husband didnt want to check in , granted the playground is a little dated & the "store" could be expanded a bit , However when we went to see if we could check out the site , Frank & Linda were incrdibly gracious & upon arrival to the site it was a secluded nice area ... we decided to stay & good thing we did !! We had the best time ... Bathrooms were super clean , always stocked , & the showers never ran out of ho ... the staff were friendly & very friendly ... Also from past expeirences , campgrounds often are sticklers on a set number of people to each site but no one gave us any trouble with having our group all at one so we could be together !! Def will be returning next spring !!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Freddy Z

Reviewed 14 October 2012

we were seasonal campers for the year and really enjoyed being there. frank and linda are very nice nice and generous people. sure the place is a little rough but they are steady making improvements, but what the heck you are camping in the woods not at the taj mahal. if you want a place to just relax and have fun this is the place to be. thanks for a great summer and cant wait until next season!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dianeraisner
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Probably the worst experience we have had in 52 years of camping. We have a 22' B+ camper and live in CT. We have traveled all over US and southern Canada and never had any problems, Called and paid by credit card for 2 nights @ $36.00 per night. When we got there found out that Linda had charged $102.00 to my card and refused a receipt itemizing charges. Positively no refunds. I will not challenge this charge due to my own stupidity. Old golf cart led us to site not too far from office. Nasty old seasonal campers there. Site so small and on such an incline that there was no way to level without about 2' of blocks. At that point I should have cooled down but I did not and told the golf cart driver that this was not for us and abruptly left. Went down the road a few miles and stayed at a good campground.
Frank & Mary Jane Slade
Colchester, CT

Room Tip: Try Pennsylvania Vacation Park in East Stroudsburg, PA. Nice people, nice sites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank frankrslade
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We went up to Cranberry Run on Sunday morning & stayed until Tuesday afternoon. I was a bit skeptical after reading all of the reviews on here, especially since I had never gone camping before. First of all I'd like to say that as long as you are capable of following the directions on the site as well as reading signs you'll be able to get there without a problem! The streets aren't paved...but how weird would it be if the road in front of your camp site was blacktop? Just drive slow & you'll be fine.

When we arrived, we were greeted by the friendly staff & some of the other visitors . Frank, the owner is a complete gentleman. He took us up through the campground and let us pick our site. Not only did he check on us to make sure we were all set up, but he had our fire wood delivered to our site. He passed by a few times during our visit to check on us as well as the campers & bathrooms. We NEVER heard his golf cart driving around during the night. When it was time to sleep, it was quiet except for the sounds of nature.

The bathrooms were new & always clean. The showers were spotless, everything was well kept. Fresh soap, toilet paper, hand dryers & a mirror.....everything you could ask for and more for a camping trip. I would suggest bringing a flashlight for those late night walks to the bathroom, since there is only 1 light in the front.

I would HIGHLY recommend this camping site for anyone who enjoys a nice, peaceful, relaxing camping trip. They are located far enough away, so you feel like you're away from day to day life, but close enough to town so you can run to the store in case you forgot to pack anything! There are a lot of things to do in the area as well...Candle factories, Christmas Factory, Candy factories, Pretzel Factory, Shooting Range, outlet shopping, and much more!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy211
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I drove up to Cranberry Run on a Monday and checked in with no reservation and no problems. We have a 25 foot camper and at first we were directed to a site that was a bit small. (The camper fit no problem and it was a drive through, but we had a dog with us and needed a bit more ground.) I saw a larger site across the way and they had no problems allowing us to change sites.

The campground has a lower and upper section. While we were there, we walked up to the upper section and were pleasantly surprised to see electric hookups (but I don't think water or sewer) at nearly every site. And, it was completely empty! If we hadn't needed sewer and water, I would have moved to the upper section in a heartbeat!

The lower section has all the hookups and fifteen or so long term campers. It was so quiet every night and everyone was super friendly. We ended up staying a third night! BTW, when we asked what time check-out was, they said "Anytime you want!". LOVE that!!!!

As for amenities: they have a nice above ground pool, large playground area, fishing pond, volleyball court and a small store. This is no frills camping...just the way I like it!

As mentioned in other reviews, the road up to the campground is a bit rough in places, but you are in the mountains at a campground! Deal with it!!! And, GPS got us there no problem.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JourneyQueen33
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My name is Robert Smith, and I live in New York City. I work for a bus company, where a group of my coworkers and I have planned trips to camp at Cranberry Run for the past 18 years since 1994. Biannually we schedule our trips for June and September. We prefer to camp at Cranberry Run, because it is the epitome of old-time camping that our fathers and grandfathers use to do.
Linda and Frank were the original caretakers of the campground when we started going to Cranberry Run. Since the beginning when I first met Linda and Frank, they have made my coworkers and I feel like family. They would occasionally pass by our camp sites to ensure that everything was good, and to see if we needed help with anything. Linda, Frank, and their family have always made my coworkers and I feel welcome, as if we were related.
On a particular occasion, one year that we planned to camp at Cranberry Run, my coworkers and I had arrived on a Thursday, just after Hurricane Floyd. At that time, it was raining unceasingly hard to a point where we could not even set up our tents, or cook a meal on the grill. Linda and Frank were kind enough to let us use their family grill to cook and sleep in the campground game room. No campground that I have ever camped at would allow anything like that. I am 50 years old and have been camping since I was 4 years of age, and never have I experienced this much generosity. This happened two or more times where my coworkers and I were stuck camping in terrible weather, and again Linda and Frank showed the same bigheartedness as they did during the first incident.
Over the last 18 years of camping at Cranberry Run, Linda and Frank have done some beautiful work with the landscaping of the campsites. The campsite grounds are now smoother and flatter; perfect for putting up a tent, and /or setting up a trailer with electric outlets to connect them to. They have a decent sized swimming pool, and plenty of outdoor games. The bathrooms and showers are highly maintained and are very clean. They have a gate at the entrance for security purposes to keep campers safe. Campers are only able to get in with either a campsite pass or code. Campsites are also pet friendly, as long as they are kept on a leash.
Cranberry Run is a beautiful, peaceful place to camp, and it sits on a side of a mountain, there are no doubts that anyone would love it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RobertSmith62
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We spent Fathers day weekend here.. I gotta say I was a bit nervous after reading the reviews but had already booked the reservation. And now I'll say the negative reviews are completely WRONG. We arrived friday eve and were greeted by the owners, very friendly people! Took us through & let us pick a site that we liked. (To the reviewer that complained they couldnt drive thru -I imagine the owners would not let someone without a reservation just drive thru to guard the privacy and safety of other campers.) The campsite and bathrooms were amazingly clean, the whole time we were there, the firewood was great, $5 bundles, the lake was NOT stagnant at all. We had airmattresses for our tent, the sites are mostly shale, rock and dirt/gravel. Overall it was a peaceful and tranquil setting for my family to enjoy the outdoors. They do have a nice bath house with hot showers, only thing I would ask is that they please install a latch on the shower stall doors, they didn't stay completely shut on their own and we had to hold them shut, perhaps the reno was still ongoing. The place wasn't hard to find, the roads are a little winding so you just gotta go slow. It was very close to the DE Water Gap for canoeing/kayaking/hiking, and also to Bushkill Falls, both events our family enjoyed. We just had the best time here and look forward to coming back!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Analomink
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Naomi Village Cottages Resort
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Cranberry Run Campground? Share your experiences!