“A 5 star beginner mountain”
Review of Alpine Mountain

Alpine Mountain
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Analomink
More attraction details
Owner description: Ski recreation area, consisting of 120 acres with a vertical drop of 500 feet, offering 21 trails, 6 snowtubing chutes and a lighted half-pipe.
Reviewed 8 February 2014

If you're a beginner skier/boarder or a lower intermediate, this is a great mountain for you. No lines, friendly staff, plenty of fine instructors, and a huge lounge area with a great view of the slopes (lounge was a former bar, now a BYO). It's a rustic place, reminding you of earlier days of skiing. Great family place, however if you're above a lower intermediate, don't expect to find any challenges. It's really for you if you're looking for a laid back, relaxing, mellow day of being out in the fresh air.

4  Thank Ed M

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We went tubing and Alpine had an all day pass. Started with 1 1/2 hours of tubing fun! The staff is very friendly. Then had scheduled a snowboarding lesson for my 9 year old son. The instructor was very patient with it being his first snowboarding lesson. The lodge is a bit tired, but the food was good. We ate lunch and then went back to tubing. There aren't as many lanes, but it wasn't crowded either. Great place for families who want to enjoy a full day of outdoor FUN.

1  Thank Rocio N
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We visited this ski resort this weekend (Jan 17/18, 2014) with our 2 children. It was a welcome difference from the bigger ski resorts. There were no lines and the kids could ski in a quieter family-friendly environment. Even the food in the cafeteria was quite good.

2  Thank Chuck91
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Ok I lived in Tannersville PA for six years, my neighbor was Camelback and we didn't ski then, and we never heard of Alpine Mountain (about 8 miles away) so if you never heard of it I am not surprised.

We have skied it now for 10 years, both of my kids and my wife learned to ski there, great instructors and great staff, some of the nicest people I have met at any resort. A family oriented resort that will make you feel at home quickly and allow a family with wide ability levels to ski together and not get lost on a huge hill. All slopes end up at the base lodge, the slopes are decent length and they have a bit for everyone from skiers to boarders to tubers. In a typical day my son and I can get in 60 runs, a long wait at the lifts is 1-3 minutes! Truly I love this resort.

The only negatives are that the weather has not been kind to the ski industry which has resulted in fewer skiers, and the base lodge is very comfortable but needs some TLC (new owners this year so we are hoping for great things). Rentals are fast and easy with great technicians, a decent pro shop, and again great staff. They offer a café which is ok and very inexpensive, and a seating area with a BYOB policy (so don't be surprised to see people with tables of wine, cheese, wings, and other fair). If you love to ski and want to ski rather than wait in lift lines of 30-45 minutes (like at Camelback and Blue Mountain) then make this a choice, its far cheaper and you will have more fun with your family as well as meet some great people. I'll be on the slopes with mine so see you all there! A great gem that has yet to be discovered by most.

2  Thank ROliver70
Reviewed 17 February 2013

No lines at lifts or rental = less hassle, more skiing, and happier kids and parents. Great for families, kids learning to ski or board or want to improve without crowds. Ideal bunny hill for little kids - they can do it themselves and you don't have to worry. Not for thrill seekers, so less attitude and aggressive skiers get in the way. Parking easy and close. New owner - they are trying - invested in some new rental equipment - give them a try!