“A very pleasant stay & meal”

Blue Mountain Summit
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Andreas
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A very pleasant stay & meal”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Rooms: The husband and I were given a gift weekend here and honestly, for a B&B nestled in coal country, it was very very lovely. The rooms were nice with a great jacuzzi tub, the owner and his sister were absolutly awesome. Custom made breakfasts, our own table, pleasant atmosphere and a good jumping off point for places like Jim Thorpe and Tamaqua. Both of us would love to return in the summer.

The Food: wow, didnt expect this. The chef was really good, we stayed for prime rib night but i had the crab stuffed fish and it was awesome! I highly suggest the restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Joshua Y

Lehighton, Pennsylvania
“Good food, Great staff”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Kudos to Ken & Lisa...The food is good, great prices, great staff. Thoroughly enjoyed our spontaneous dinner there. The menu has good variety...something for everyone. Will happily return again and again!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Allentowntoboston
Philadelphia
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I haven't been to this restaurant in at least two decades and it has since changed hands. I am pleased to say that the Blue Mountain Summit Restaurant is still fabulous! The place is exceptionally clean and well decorated for the location. The food is moderatey priced and well worth the cost. It is on Route 309 near Tamaqua, PA and just a short distance from the Appalachain Trail. It is also a bed and breakfast, and we hope to check it out sometime in the future.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dcd0127
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, United States
“Rare "German Inn" Decor”
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

Lovely German style decor, located on the Appalachian trail. Awesome views can be had from very close by, too bad not close enough to the restaurant to have a window wall. Food was colorful, tasty, and there was a good variety, but a common complaint is that it came late and was cold. This location had been turned over many times in the last 20 years, I am glad to see it has lasted under current owner so long.

Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
“Nothing To Get Too Excited About”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband and I tried the Blue Mountain Summit Inn for the first time tonight. It was pretty empty when we got there with only one other table occupied. We were seated in a booth, the closest seat to the exit. The atmosphere was really nice. It seems to draw a slightly older crowd, but it felt cozy and friendly. The service was slow for how empty the restaurant was, but the food was good. My husband ordered the clam chowder and prime rib with garlic mashed potatoes. I ordered crab stuffed mushrooms, ny strip steak and scallops. My husband thought the clam chowder was the best he's ever had. I personally didn't care for the bacon in it. My stuffed mushrooms were very good, but I think they would have been better if they came with a lemon wedge. My husband's prime rib was very rare. He didn't care for it too much. And he found a very long hair hiding in his vegetable medley. My steak tasted excellent, but I did get about three bites or gristle. The broiled scallops were perfect. I think what disappointed me the most was where we were seated. The server didn't tell us ahead of time that they were having a band this evening. Just after we finished our appetizers the band began to set up at the front of the dining room, right beside our table! One of the band members was even leaning against our booth and talking loudly to his band mates. Then they set up a very large speaker directly behind my head! We rushed through our meal so we could leave before we were blasted away. What's really unfortunate is we probably would have stayed to listen to the band and order a few drinks if only we'd been seated better to start with. Over all, I think it's nice place and you probably won't be too disappointed with the food, but I wouldn't recommend anyone go out of their way for this place.

• Visited June 2012