Annville Inn
US$59
US$53
RodewayInn
US$67
White Rose Motel(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$119
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmovie roomsecret roomenglish manorhot tubbed and breakfastbilliard tablecountry comfortsun roomamazing weekendprivate entrancearea attractionswonderful hostsedible flowershershey parkrooms were very cleanoutdoor poolchef lisa
Reviewed 14 April 2014

What a great weekend getaway! Annville Inn is a lovely place to go and relax and enjoy! It was easy to find, though be aware of traffic around Harrisburg depending on where you are traveling from and the time of day. We arrived a little after 7 pm and were greeted by Lisa, who was full of knowledge and so sweet and helpful. She took us on a tour of the B&B and got us squared away with a menu, suggestions and instructions for ordering pizza for delivery. Then before she left, she made sure that we had trays, plates, napkins and everything that we needed to eat pizza and hang out in the theatre. We hung out and watched some tv and relaxed in the comfort of the theatre seats.

We were in the Secret Room, which was awesome! I won't give away the secrets, but it was so much fun and comfortable and welcoming and inviting. We instantly felt at home in there.

We were greeted the next morning in the breakfast room by Rosalie & Craig, who could not have been more sweet, genuine, caring, and wonderful! Breakfast the first morning was a German apple pancake, poached eggs, turkey sausage and fruit skewer. It was delicious and beautifully presented! The juice was also wonderful - go ahead and go for the buzz, you won't regret it :) After breakfast, Rosalie offered suggestions for activities and even gave us directions to take back roads to get to Hershey. Hershey was not far away at all and was worth the trip, even if you aren't going to the Park. As Rosalie & Craig do, we highly recommend the Hershey Trolley Tour, it is worth it and the things you learn are just amazing. Plus, it begins and ends at Chocolate World and how can that be bad???

Sunday morning's breakfast was beyond amazing! Quiche Lorraine with turkey bacon, homemade bread, a strawberry and banana and granola parfait, and a chocolate chip muffin. I had to bring the muffin home with me because I couldn't possibly eat it, but knew I didn't want it to give it up.

This is a beautiful B&B with wonderful people and I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: I can only say that the Secret Room was a lot of fun and has a little outdoor sitting area off of it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angeline C
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at the Annville Inn seven times. This place is amazing. Rosalie and Craig are warm, friendly innkeepers who treat you like family. Food is exquisite, rooms are wonderful. You will enjoy your stay here. We'll be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Let me start off by saying that the inn itself is very pretty. We were in the Mardi Gra room. The grounds were nice. My sister and I like to go to B & B's as weekend girls getaways. Maybe we are spoiled, but the other inn we have been to all had rooms that were way larger and way nicer than that off the Annville Inn. The main concern we had upon arrival was the heat. It was showing at 62 degrees. We were told by Craig that it just had to take a while for the cold air to get out of the room. That was around 4:30pm that we noticed that. We went around to the house and checked it out, went back to the room and it was 63. Okay..slowly going up. We went out to dinner, and while we were gone, we were told that Rosalie and Craig would be going into the room (Which was odd to begin with) to turn down the bed and take the decorative pillows. I would have thought since I mentioned my concern about the heat that they would have checked it 3 hours after we checked in to see if it went up at all. That didn't happen, we arrived back to our room to find it at 62 again. We were the only guests that night so we went into a neighboring room and got some extra blankets out of the closet there. We were never told where to find the innkeepers should there be a problem. We were given their phone number but by the time we gone done with dinner and a movie, it was after 11pm. I didn't want to call that late. As the night went on, the temperature in our room went all the way down to a whopping 53 degrees. Needless to say, we barely slept at all. The next morning, we were asked how we slept, I said not well at all and told the innkeepers why. They turned it around and made it seem as though it was our fault that we didn't notify them. WHICH WE DID! They said they would have moved us to another room, however, as I was getting ready to pull out of the driveway after check out, I got a knock on my door from Craig and it turns out that the heating unit outside the house was frozen solid, hence why we had no heat. They gave us a $25 gift certificate towards our next stay to make up for the trouble, however, it will not be used. Also, there were sooo many rules. We aren't totally clueless and yet, it was a 10 minute explanation for how to turn the TV on in the movie room and on how to dim the lights. It was not needed. We were not impressed at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Rosalie G, Owner at Annville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Our number one goal is guest comfort and pleasure. Everything we do at our Inn is focused on guest happiness. These guests enjoyed our movie room, the hot tub, complimented us on a delicious breakfast, and they themselves selected our Inn's smallest room. Their welcome letter in their room and the sign on our registration desk tell how to reach us.

We were thrilled to have them here and really thought they were wonderful people. We were dismayed when we learned the room was cold, and so sorry they took it as we blamed them. That was not in our heart at all. Unknown to us, due to the subzero weather outside, the brand new heat pump unit that warms their room had no heat in the air to "pump" back into their room. We were shocked it hadn't worked in the night and felt that giving them a gift certificate was something we could do to help make up for the inconvenience. We sincerely expressed to them how sorry we were and commiserated with them about the situation. Our intent is always that our guests have a wonderful visit, and we are most regretful that the weather froze up our unit. The HVAC company told us that on that night, heat pumps failed all over our region. From now on, we'll be on our guard for unseasonably cold weather and have alternate room heating methods ready. We are so sorry these guests were unhappy. No doubt that one thing could cast a pall over everything else, no matter how wonderful it all was. These were very nice people, and we are sorry our frozen unit offended them, and we understand.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

While there's so much I could write about our recent stay at the Annville Inn, I will try to keep this fairly brief. This B&B is absolutely stunning, immaculate and comfortable all at the same time. The high-end decor rivals any 5-star hotel. We stayed in the English Manor suite, which is so beautiful. There's a big king-size bed (which, BTW, is super comfy!) complete with luxurious linens! The bathroom is beautiful (I love the bronze fixtures) and very large. There's a view of the gardens off the porch. Skylights to let fresh air in, if needed. And, let's not forget the big jacuzzi in the room, too.

With your reservation comes breakfast, which is not only beautifully presented, but it is absolutely delicious. There is plenty to do here, if that's what you want (outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, movie theatre, pool table, card and board games, piano, etc.) They also offer cooking classes, photography classes, and spa services, but we did not have time to take advantage of these options. But, if you just want a quiet retreat, then grab a book, curl up on a sofa in the sunroom and just kick back and releax. Another plus - Hersheypark, you're only 10 minutes away.

The owners (Rosalie and Craig) are such sweet people. You can tell they take amazing pride in their home, and they treat their guests as though we are their best friends. How gracious of them to open their homes to us all, and make us feel so totally welcome and comfortable. No request is too big or too small... just ask and they'll help you out.

We don't normally stay at B&B's, but the Annville Inn has definitely raised the bar really high. If you have any hesitation about staying here, I would say, "just do it!" It's well worth it. If you have other questions that I can answer, please email me. I'm a tough critic, and I don't give out 5-stars often. However, in this case, I'd give this beautiful property a perfect "10". :-)

PS - Any "Young Frankenstein" fans will love the "Secret Room." I won't give away the surprise, but you'll understand what I'm referencing once you see this. :-)

Room Tip: I've only stayed in one room, the English Manor - it's beautiful and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your insightful and inspiring message. Your thoughtful, warm and meaningful comments have made our day. It is wonderful for us to know that what we strive to achieve for our guests came through for you. We believe B&B's should be a magical experience, and hope for that for all of our guests. We are truly pleased your experience was positively memorable. Comments like yours are what keeps us going! Wonderful guests such as yourselves bring joy to our Inn.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

What can I say about this place? It was the best B&B I have ever been to. The service was off the charts. The food was out of a food network show. Close enough to amazing attractions like Hershey park and many others. The property is gorgeous. They have a 10-15 person home theater. Rooms are one of a kind. Will definitely make a trip back.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and unique.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Danielle, thank you for your thoughtful and wonderfully positive review. We love our guests, and are thrilled when they write that they like what we are doing here. Our philosophy is, "The difference between good and great is a little extra effort,” which is what we try to achieve every day for every person. Thank you for your photography that you shared, and you are right--there is so much to do in this area with Hershey only minutes away, and also Lancaster, Harrisburg and many other points. When we lived in Washington, DC, there was always something going on and available every night. When we moved out to the country, we wondered if we'd notice a difference and were amazed at all there is to do here considering the numerous exemplary theatres for live theatre and symphony, the antiquing and galleries, and then all the entertainment venues such as those you mentioned--not to mention all the chocolate! Thanks again, Danielle.